Strange Connector Cut and Taped

Smitty27

My 2007 GMC Sierra SLT 5.3l has a couple wires cut near a connector and taped off located near the fuse box under hood.  I'm second owner and I contacted the original owner and they said they dont know.  It looks like a cable to an option that was disconnected?  Anyone have any ideas?  It's just one red and one black wire but the connector is large. 

Also nearby, there are two red wires with large  round connectors rolled and neatly taped onto the conduit.  Anyone know what those are for and where they originate?

See photos.  Thanks!

20201130_123716.jpg

20201130_124813.jpg

The red with with the black stripe and ring connector is for a brake controller power lead that only needs to be connected if you have an aftermarket brake controller attached. I don't know what the other wires are for. Is it a Classic or NNBS?

Thanks lanf.

There are two different wire looms in close proximity with the same identical red/black stripe wires w ring connector leads taped off.  At least one is for a trailer brake controller?

My Sierra new style.

I finally heard back from GMC service after sending them the photos of the mystery connector.  Apparently that ran to the now defunct windshield washer heater system that was recalled.  The dealer back in MI that removed it apparently was in a hurry and just shoved it back.   GMC dealer here in AZ offered to clean it up.

Thanks again