In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

Consumer Report - Least reliable vehicle

Any idea what they do to fix it? Also what did you tell them to get them to work on in?  I'm at 14k on my 19 LTZ and I'm having the same issue with the screen being too bright when back up cam is on.

They recently released a TSB about the bright screen. It’s just a reprogram to fix.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

CR works for the same group of corporate media owners who tell us Biden won the elections fair and square, lol   I'm amaized they also rated the Tesla so low, yet another American company CR

Used to like CR. Now it's for outhouse use.

Not enough 2021s in circulation for long enough to have real data, so the 2021 list is simply a projection based on consumer studies over the past two model years. In other words, CR is saying the 19s

Posted Images

7 hours ago, ChinkySuperman said:

Any idea what they do to fix it? Also what did you tell them to get them to work on in?  I'm at 14k on my 19 LTZ and I'm having the same issue with the screen being too bright when back up cam is on.

Actually, it started when I was reading somewhere on the forum about the backup camera and someone mentioned the dealer fixed it and they have a TSB - went to the dealership and told them to fix and the rest is history. Way better now. It is not as great in the day time but that is better than being blinded at night.

41 minutes ago, Moend said:

Actually, it started when I was reading somewhere on the forum about the backup camera and someone mentioned the dealer fixed it and they have a TSB - went to the dealership and told them to fix and the rest is history. Way better now. It is not as great in the day time but that is better than being blinded at night.

Am I the only one that has had zero issues with it?  Hell, I added some brighter reverse lights just to get a better view

3 minutes ago, Jav_eee said:

Screen brightness does not equal better visibility emoji23.png

When you can't see ****** behind you because it's too dark, it sure as hell does ?

But hey, I digress, put 15% window tint over it and see how well you see, genius

Edited by Rob Mugs
When you can't see ****** behind you because it's too dark, it sure as hell does [emoji849]

But hey, I digress, put 15% window tint over it and see how well you see, genius

Having a screen so bright that it’s almost white does not help you see behind you when you’re reversing. Bottom line. If it helps you feel better than there’s nothing wrong with that. I’m just saying you’re idea of how it works isn’t how it works.

So I think extra lights in the back will help. It will even mitigate a bright screen.

Think about it this way... Very bight gauge cluster at night with very dim headlights. To see better you either dim the gauge cluster or turn brighten the headlights.

1 minute ago, Jav_eee said:

Having a screen so bright that it’s almost white does not help you see behind you when you’re reversing. Bottom line. If it helps you feel better than there’s nothing wrong with that. I’m just saying you’re idea of how it works isn’t how it works.

Perhaps something was updated on mine because I sure as hell am not blinded by it nor is the contrast blown out by the brightness.  It's no 8k monitor but it's never blinded me either

Just now, Moend said:

So I think extra lights in the back will help. It will even mitigate a bright screen.

Think about it this way... Very bight gauge cluster at night with very dim headlights. To see better you either dim the gauge cluster or turn brighten the headlights.

100% get where you are going; I leave my gauges low and even rarely drive with brights because I do understand that eyes adapt.  That said, I have never had an issue before or after adding the backup lights.  I only did it for areas where the only thing lighting the roadway are the stars

1 minute ago, Rob Mugs said:

Perhaps something was updated on mine because I sure as hell am not blinded by it nor is the contrast blown out by the brightness.  It's no 8k monitor but it's never blinded me either

I mean honestly with these type of things it really depends on the personal preference. Most people drive with their gauge cluster brightness cranked all the way up. I just can't do that. So the backup camera screen on comparison to the rest of gauge was just too bright

2 minutes ago, Moend said:

I mean honestly with these type of things it really depends on the personal preference. Most people drive with their gauge cluster brightness cranked all the way up. I just can't do that. So the backup camera screen on comparison to the rest of gauge was just too bright

I can't either.. mine is probably less than 50% because I hate the glare.  That's why I am sort of shocked with so many saying it's an issue.

Maybe I have a unicorn?  shrug... 

If I get some time, I will lock my camera's f-stop and aperture to show what I see with the radio on versus the backup.  It's not really noticeable TBH

Edited by Rob Mugs

CR works for the same group of corporate media owners who tell us Biden won the elections fair and square, lol

I'm amaized they also rated the Tesla so low, yet another American company CR dislikes, is this a trend?

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 2
10 hours ago, flyingfool said:

CR works for the same group of corporate media owners who tell us Biden won the elections fair and square, lol

I'm amaized they also rated the Tesla so low, yet another American company CR dislikes, is this a trend?

CR has rarely "liked" American motors, or at least as far back as I remember.  Granted, the 80s were a hot-mess for us, but that's when I actually subscribed to them.  You would think buying a K5 meant instant death

• Like 1
20 hours ago, flyingfool said:

So when Trump won in 2016 it was JD power who controlled the media? I am from ND so you probably know who I voted for. If you wanna play the game you need to understand to make a winner you need a looser. My grandfather use to say if you are a politician you either had done something wrong or about to. They are all crooked if you ask me luckly we have democracy and we deal with disappointment 4-8 years at the time. God bless America!

Now back to the car topic, yes Tesla are crap and this is coming from an electrical engineer. The only thing Tesla had done right is lighting up a fire under real car companies. I mean cyber truck? Sure when I was 4, my opinion the best ev was made by GM in the 90s. And today it would be the honda ev which we don't get in North America yet. Finger crossed

• Like 1
11 hours ago, Moend said:

So when Trump won in 2016 it was JD power who controlled the media? I am from ND so you probably know who I voted for. If you wanna play the game you need to understand to make a winner you need a looser. My grandfather use to say if you are a politician you either had done something wrong or about to. They are all crooked if you ask me luckly we have democracy and we deal with disappointment 4-8 years at the time. God bless America!

Now back to the car topic, yes Tesla are crap and this is coming from an electrical engineer. The only thing Tesla had done right is lighting up a fire under real car companies. I mean cyber truck? Sure when I was 4, my opinion the best ev was made by GM in the 90s. And today it would be the honda ev which we don't get in North America yet. Finger crossed

Curious as to what makes you say Tesla are crap?  I have many friends with them and all love them, and the new long range models have 8 yr/120k battery and drive warranties. Now sure I have seen some issues in workmanship, but for a model Y you are getting a full electric vehicle for ~60k with all the options aside from the factory performance upgrades.

• Like 1