Heated Steering Wheel upgrade - part numbers, etc.

2020 2500 Custom with remote start.  If I’m looking to add heated steering wheel, do I have the harness under the dash or within the column?  Is there even a harness on the dash side for steering wheel audio controls with the small WT/Custom trim radio?  I’ll just stick with the heated steering wheel controls if no radio harness, but thought I’d ask if anyone knows.  And, is anyone else looking to do this?  I can work in the wind, cold, rain, no problem but once I get in my rig sure does feel good to warm up.  A heated wheel would be nice in the morning for the old paws.  

Been looking at videos from prior body style that do this (below).  If there are pictures of where I would look to confirm, or part numbers for what I’d need that would help.  I’ll accumulate parts as I can and pull the trigger when I have everything.

Side note, all the www parts places, i.e. GM Parts Direct, gmpartsonline, etc.  They’ll all let you select 2020 2500 and even now 2021 2500 although the images are clearly from the prior body style.  When I am able to crosswalk NBS part numbers from random posts and other projects, they are on pages in these parts sites that you can’t get to from the lookup - and are different than what the selection tree gets you to from choosing 2020 2500, etc.  Hopefully they’ll start to update and locate/display the new body style soon. 

Parts I think I’d need:

1.       Leather heated steering wheel

2.       Left steering wheel side controls with the heated steering wheel option.

a.       Comes with steering wheel side harness?  Not sure, but I think that is separate.

3.       Clock spring having correct options

4.       Remote start?  This was a consideration in the videos, looking at prior body style parts on websites looks like remote start had something in either the wheel or the clock spring.

Even if I don’t have the dash side harness, seems like I could add it, Right?  If that’s the case, any info on part numbers for that too?  Also kind of wondering if there are any other GM wheels that would work.  if I'm going to have to locate a new wheel, maybe I can go smaller or more sport'ish, like Camaro or something?  

i do not believe you can as there is no harness to connect too.....seen a few threads posted about this already  for 1500s and 2500s (?) but i believe it was for both....2021 maybe different and  i could be wrong but something tells me i looked into this b4 i bought my 2500, and swayed me to what i have......i do know there has been a few threads and should be easy to find though

• 4 months later...
NW Silverado have you had any luck with this install? I have ordered the wheel and clock spring but was curios as to any additional parts?

Wish I have, but no definitive info. I haven’t pulled my steering wheel to see if the truck-side harness or plugs even work with a heated wheel. If you do it let us know!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14 hours ago, NWSilverado said:

Wish I have, but no definitive info. I haven’t pulled my steering wheel to see if the truck-side harness or plugs even work with a heated wheel. If you do it let us know!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They don’t work. From the digging I did a few months ago it is possible to add but will require a new dash harness, gauge cluster, stereo head unit, clock spring and the steering wheel. After you’ve swapped everything over the dealer will need to reprogram the bcm.