Rear Slider Leak AND broken tow mirror. Need help :)

Greetings,

I read the approximately 175 forum pages on the rear sliding window leaks and “generally speaking” it seems they are more of an issue on 1500 series vs the 2500 series. Am I right or wrong?

In order to fit a 2500 in my garage I would daily have to fold the tow mirrors in. I’m aware of aftermarket solid brass replacement gears but they are for 2007-2014 only. Can I assume mirrors made after 2014 are better quality and last a reasonable amount of time? If any of you have had to fold your power mirrors in frequently did you suffer any failures?

In closing I want to express my sincere appreciation to you fine folks for helping me prepare to purchase a new 2500 HD. I’ve learned a tremendous amount of information and it’s been a great experience.

Happy Holidays

Dave 

I think the vast majority of 2500/3500 owners are in the same situation.  If you intend on using the garage you have to fold in the mirrors in, or park it outside.  No much choice there.   On the bright side, with the mirrors folded in I find I have much more wiggle room width wise than my old 2500.  With the old truck it was a tight fit, as I had manual fold in mirrors.  Time will tell if the gears hold up.  So far, they seem solid.

Many are suspecting the plastic window frame may be expanding/contracting at a different rate than the metal cab. Some have posted getting cracks again after having it replaced once. I haven't seen where gm has acknowledged any sort of manufacturing fix.  Another rear leaking issue was the mounting hardware that hold the spoiler to the back of the cab not being sealed properly and leaking. They have a tech bulleting with replacements on this, so hopefully they corrected the line installation, since the repair requires fooling with the headliner. I have a one piece rear window and have not had a problem with either of the leaks yet.