"Moaning" Brakes When Dusty

Ever since new my '20 Sierra HD's brakes make a loud "moaning"/dragging noise if they have the slightest amount of dust on them.  Especially if I have been down dirt road.  It doesn't take much either, just road dust alone will cause them to make noise until it's wiped clean.  It only occurs at very low speeds when coming to a stop or creeping through a parking lot.  That, to me, is when it is the most annoying, everyone and their dog hears it and looks at the truck as if why would such a nice new rig make such an odd noise?  Is it a new material on the pad?  Dealer has inspected and says everything looks fine.  

• 4 weeks later...

My new 3500 AT4 brakes squeaked for 10,000 miles. New vehicles should not sound like that nor vehicles that have decent brakes. I got absolutely fed up with it. Sprayed wd40 all over calipers and rotors. No more noise. Brakes faded for a few miles then were normal without the slow speed squeak.

On 1/11/2021 at 5:10 AM, Maximus74 said:

My new 3500 AT4 brakes squeaked for 10,000 miles. New vehicles should not sound like that nor vehicles that have decent brakes. I got absolutely fed up with it. Sprayed wd40 all over calipers and rotors. No more noise. Brakes faded for a few miles then were normal without the slow speed squeak.

They will start squeaking again, I did the same experiment with brake clean.  They are considered wear parts and even with the TSB the dealer may try to get out of replacing them after 12k miles.  They did with me any ways and I just pulled the "I'm not picking up my $80K pickup truck with crappy, noisy brakes on it, until something is done".  Essentially I buy all of my vehicles from them and they felt compelled to talk with the factory and get it done.  They put pads on all four corners.  No squeak back yet.  Mine got so bad that I avoided driving through busy parking lots because I would get looks from every pedestrian within 100 yards.  Like what in the heck is wrong with that nice new truck?