In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

Sign in to follow this  
Fifty

Turn Signal Switch Cancel Cam Replacement

I have the steering wheel creak.... well, I have had it for a while. But just like the transmission shudder the local two dealers could not replicate. And then covid happened and fast forward im out of warranty (2015 GMC  Yukon Xl Denali, 29800 miles).

So off to a dealer 1.5 hrs away for the recalls and they say they will do the trans flush for free as a gesture (I think they saw the 4 times it had been into the local dealer for the issue and took pity). They said they tried to flush it 3 times and the shudder still persisted. They didnt put more than a mile on the truck so I doubt it. The shudder is probably worse now but Im going to give it some mileage for the fluid to fully work its way around.

Anyways, they said they could not get the parts in to fix the creak in the steering, which would be a pay job. 

I waited a week and no call back from the dealer about sourcing parts to do the job, so I ordered the parts online and they have arrived. The NHTSB document (https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2017/MC-10137730-9999.pdf ) on the repair mentions the Turn signal switch cancel cam replacement repair procedure for additional info.

Does anyone have that SI? I just want to make sure I have my i's dotted and T's crossed before I get into this. The set up is just different enough from the current Gen colorado's for me to double check. 

Thanks for any help