2021 Trail Boss left me stranded. Owned for 16 hours.

To say I’m disappointed is an understatement. I’ve always been a Chevy fan, our family is a Chevy family. My wife is coming up on her 4th Tahoe. She still has her 67 Camaro from high school. I still have my 57 pickup from high school. I just bought a 70 C10 for the ranch. 16 hours before the incident I had traded in a 19’ Tacoma TRD PRO. I needed a bigger truck since we moved from LA to CO with 40 acres. Loved the Trail Boss in Satin Steel and the 6.2l. Local dealer had one, just wanted to drive one and ended up buying it that day. Well fast forward to running around town (30 miles from dealer) my truck full of groceries and as I get off the freeway it stalls. I got it started again, dash lights popping up and limp it to a side street. I wanted to puke. 16 hours after purchase and it’s already broken. Called dealer and they told me to call onstar so it could be towed back to them as they bring me a loaner. 3 hours later they finally showed up. That’s a whole other s*%t show story for another time. Now that I’m researching I came across the valve spring problem. I was hoping that was a certain batch that was built at the end of September. Maybe my truck falls into that. Just have a horrible taste in my mouth. I loved the truck for those 16 hours. I know the service bulletin says they have to replace all 16 valve springs if that’s the case. Hope there isn’t more damage to the engine. If it needs a new engine what are my options? Kind of don’t want the truck back if it comes to that. Also a parking light message showed up too. Hope everyone else is having a better Christmas. Sorry for the long first post. 

If it is the valve spring, it's about a 50/50 shot you'll need a new long block like myself.  Make sure they are thorough like my dealer was.  They borescoped and then pulled the heads to check for scoring (there was some).   New engine en route.

Will do. How much time has passed so far for you? Is this effecting a lot of trucks or a small batch? Talk about a horrible first impression. Going to take my C10 4-speed to run errands, they don’t make em like they used to.

That sucks it’s happened to you. Best of luck. Remember it is a vehicle and they can break. Be demanding yet thorough with the dealership and make sure they do it correctly.  Also make sure to call GM personally and get a case number started for your truck.  
 My 2019 High Country is in the shop now with a few issues getting taken care of.  It sucks that I don’t have it but I made sure they look over everything and I didn’t want it back until it’s fixed correctly. 
My loaner truck is a 2021 RST. I’m not minding it at all racking up the miles in it, instead of my own over the holidays??

Again, hope all goes well with yours and take care. 

Thanks will do. I’ll give them a call on Monday. I wish I had another truck to drive. They gave me this little turd called a Trax. I parked it away from the house and have been driving my 70 C10. LOL I know they can all break as I work on my classics all the time but after 197 miles on a brand new truck I fully expected it to last a Iittle longer than that. 

Edited by Whiskeyranch

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...