In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

Switched power in overhead console on WT for Dash Cam?

Hello! Just purchased a new to me 2014 Sierra WT RCSB. I want to add a dashcam but would prefer to not have to run all kinds of new cables through the truck. 

I believe I can tap pin 7 in the overhead console connector which is labeled as "Inadvertent Power Control" but was hoping someone could say for sure what that pin actually does. 

As it is a WT there are not many pins populated on the console side of the connector. If I can add a pin to the connector for a switched power line that would be great as well, I just need to know what pins I need to purchase from Digikey or whoever might have them. I know it is a Delphi harness, I am just not sure if there are different pins for it like some of the other connectors in these trucks.

Thanks for any help.

• Like 1

I have a dash cam hardwired into my truck. I tapped into a hot wire off the fuse panel on the driver side. The harness that I got was long enough to run it over there and I just tucked under the headliner and down the a pillar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk