In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

Do you have keyless entry buttons on rear doors?

jeetS

On 1/1/2021 at 7:03 PM, jeetS said:

The high country I test drove didn't unlock the back doors from the front door button... I had to open the door and hit the unlock button

You have to push the button twice to open all 4 doors and just once to unlock the door you're opening.

I wonder how hard these would be to add after the fact. My 19 had them but when I traded up to a 2021 it didn’t have them on the back and I keep reaching for the damn buttons

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sounds like the GMC's all have them and as of 2021 some Chevys don't. I for one with the half ton use mine daily. With at least 1 child in my arms its super nice pushing the back and opening he door . 

FWIW, mines a 21 and it's a GMC and it's a half ton.

I does have buttons on all 4 doors.

Because of this thread I tried the double push on the button on the drivers door -- and it unlocked all four buttons, same as using a double push of the FOB unlock button. 

This info is useful to for me, as sometimes when with someone else it was a nuisance to hunt for the unlock button on the door so the person on the other side could get access. (I guess the FOB unlock double press also an option, but kinda defeats the whole fob in pocket thing) 

I did check the settings in the vehicle section of personalization menus and found that Passive Door Unlock' is set to 'driver door only' 

(I guess that means for the first press?)

Options are Off, All Doors, Driver Door Only.  

I guess it could be set to All Doors so only one push needed.

I've not tried the double push when they setting is for driver's door only, I need to try that. Then, of course, the kids will be steadily pulling on the handle once they hear the first unlock! LOL! My rear door buttons are seldom used, but I can see where some may use them nearly each time. I guess the research regarding slowly deleting them is across all vehicles and many are 1-person, driver-only type trips that people don't use often when driving alone. Not sure what cost savings are, but surely it's minimal like deleting under-hood lights and glovebox lights.

• 2 weeks later...

I just picked up a 2021 Denali HD and it has them on the rear doors. Between reports and articles of them being eliminated from manufacturers, to it happing on only certain trims, I'm not sure anymore! LOL! I'd say it'll start by being eliminated on certain trims for now, then go the way of the under hood light.

Maybe they screwed up and never installed the correct door handles?  Things like that been know to happen.  Friend got a 2020 Sierra Denali 1500 and noticed the pass side door was missing the D E N A L I emblem, drivers door had it.  First he suspected it was damaged but there was no evidence of any repair work.  Besides they never had time to do it, truck came in over the weekend and he saw it Monday in shipping form and drove it home Tuesday. Assembly plant screw up. 

On 1/18/2021 at 4:21 AM, elcamino said:

Maybe they screwed up and never installed the correct door handles?  Things like that been know to happen.  Friend got a 2020 Sierra Denali 1500 and noticed the pass side door was missing the D E N A L I emblem, drivers door had it.  First he suspected it was damaged but there was no evidence of any repair work.  Besides they never had time to do it, truck came in over the weekend and he saw it Monday in shipping form and drove it home Tuesday. Assembly plant screw up. 

I don't think so , not in this case. Same situation on the half ton side. The 19s had them and then some models on the half ton 20+ didn't have them .  Like the 19 LT had them but 20 LT does not. This is penny pinching at its finest .  I know other manufactures do this as well so just not GM .