Bed Twist? 1998 K2500

So the project truck my son and I are working on, a '98 K2500, is coming along well, but I'm concerned about the way the bed looks twisted.  (Photo attached)

Now, it's possible that the bed itself is the issue, as this was a work ruck that was worked HARD before I got it... Even used to have a dump.  My fear is that it could be the frame, and I'd like to be able to rule that out before I put much more into this project.

Anybody seen something like this before?

20200422_170724.jpg

I'll do that,  thanks for the tip!  Though the front of the bed is level with the cab.  It's that left rear corner that seems to sag down.

One thing I forgot to mention is that the truck does track straight down the road, so hopefully that's a good sign.  I have a lot of experience with mechanical repair, but almost zero when it comes to body and frame issues.

Edited by ArcticFoxCJ

ArcticFox, given the info you have provided about a hard working work truck that even had a dump at one time, I would suspect the drivers side rear spring pack might be your issue. You would probably have to replace both sides with new springs to achieve a level bed. If you have a frame shop in your area, you might take it in and run the possibilities by them.

• Thanks 1

Good point... The truck does have aftermarket air springs and it's also possible the left side has less pressure in it.

I guess I'd just be surprised that it could make the bed itself look twisted, as opposed to just the whole truck sagging to that corner.  

I need to get it aligned anyway since I put new tie rods on it recently, so if they can't align it that would be a clear indicator as well (assuming all the steering/suspension components are in good shape, of course.)