In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

Sign in to follow this  
Descartian

Engine Swap: LT5 or Built and Blown 6.2

LT5 or Built & Blown  

11 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

On 1/28/2021 at 11:15 PM, Descartian said:

The further we got down the LT5 route the harder it looks like it’s going to be. Also all the accessories will have to be for a ZR1 which means $$$$ at every turn.  The engine computer is $4k alone. 

Going the built and supercharged 6.2 route.

If it matters at this point, unmodded oem motor swaps command far more money when you sell.

4 hours ago, truckguy82 said:

If it matters at this point, unmodded oem motor swaps command far more money when you sell.

Even if I put the LT5 in it, it would eventually get modded out so that kind of negates that train of thought. Looks like we are on the route to a 6.2 bored out to 416. 

Subscribing for the build...would love to see a built L5P.  But that's just ridiculous.

1 hour ago, clowe1243 said:

would love to see a built L5P. 

I’ve driven Duramax’s for the last 15 years and will continue to do so for 15 more. This is my play truck and time for some gasser love. 

While the engine mod path is interesting I would really like to see pictures and progress on the shortening process. 

Lots of options for power building and lots of opinions but very few take on the kind of structural mods you are going for. My thoughts are that you are going for a "stock" look, not a bunch of modded and chopped body panels. If your guys is willing to share the process either publicly or privately please let me know.

I’ll have the shop take photos but it’s actually pretty simple. Chop the frame, relocate a smaller gas tank and cross member then put on a new stock 5’8” short bed. No body panel mods at all. 

1 hour ago, Descartian said:

I’ll have the shop take photos but it’s actually pretty simple. Chop the frame, relocate a smaller gas tank and cross member then put on a new stock 5’8” short bed. No body panel mods at all. 

That is what I was hoping. Keep it clean and simple.

Thanks, I would appreciate seeing pictures of the process/progress.