2021 Trailboss Manual to Electric Driver Seat

I have read your forums about installing an electric seat in place of a manual on a Silverado Trailboss. I wanted to share my experience. On a 2021 Tail Boss I removed the manual driver seat. I was able to purchase an electric seat out of a 2020 Silverado with 23 miles on it ($400). Attaches below is a Power Point I put together to help explain or guide you threw the installation. The seat I purchased had the side air bags in it. Seat bolts right in. Plug the truck harness into the seat and the air bag system works as it should. There are three wires to terminate. The black one is ground, Red is seat power 12 volts, and the small yellow/black strip wire is the lumbar 12 volts. I found no 12vt power in the two wires. I broke these out of the harness and wired them together and connected 12 volts to them. Simply Ran a Red 12vt wire using a 30 amp fuse. Grounded the black wire under the seat to the body. The electric seat including the lumbar works fine. The air bag system is still happy and working. I'm 5'2" and needed the addition. 

image.thumb.png.e7aac63336541f3ab51eee1118c23660.png

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Actually I use a seat cushion and seat cover in my truck and stock settings on the seat aren't bad now....prior to that they felt too low...

Would just like to match the driver seat someday though....

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/13/2021 at 5:28 PM, Smeastman said:

I have the front seats and center console with storage from my SLE for sale. The drivers seat is power, the owner Passengers seat is manual, both with airbags. 

What color and type of material are you seats?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...