Tahoe - Oil pressure sensor changed but now not working

I started noticing my oil pressure gauge was starting to read high, even while idling. It first was at 60, and after turning the car off and back on, it went all the way to 80, and stayed there. Checked the codes, and had a P0521. After some research,  it seemed clear to me that it was most likely the oil pressure sending unit. It was a pain to get the wire clip off of the sensor to remove it since I had to reach behind the engine to get to it, and ended up breaking the part of the clip that locks it onto the sensor. Finally I got the wire clip off, and then was able to unscrew the sensor, and even removed the little filter beneath. I was able to get the new filter, and sensor back in pretty easily.

Now, since I don't have that part of the clip that will "click" onto the sensor, I'm not 100% that I've actually got the wire back on, and I question this, because now, the pressure gauge stays at 0.

Anyone else deal with this? Or have as tough a time getting the wire clip back onto the sensor? I have no reason to believe I've damaged the wiring, but there's very little play in it, so I guess that's possible.

• 2 weeks later...

So, turns out it was just not connected. The connector has to go in just right, and since I couldn't see, and was trying hard to push it in, I had bent the pins on the sensor. Without the clip, I couldn't tell that it wasn't going down as far as it needed to. Ended up taking off the intake manifold to get a better look, which is how I could see that's what the problem was. Bent them straight, and put everything together, and oil pressure looks great.