Unable to send PM?

Hey everyone, I'm sure this has been posted before but I wasn't able to find anything under the guidelines portion of the site. How do I become eligible to send PMs? I would normally just browse the forums without an account but I have seen some things pop up in the marketplace recently that I am interested in buying and therefore I have created an account but now I am greeted with the message " You are only allowed to send 0 messages per day. Please try again later. " What requirements must I fulfill before I am able to send a message?

Thanks for the help!

It may because a problem we've had recently of someone signing up and the spamming members through PMs. It may be time period that has to be met or possibly making some actual posts in threads.

An Admin may chime in with more info

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, hollowcd said:

Ever find an answer to sending PM's? Having the same issue.  Thanks! 

Hollow

I haven't heard from an Admin, but still assume you need some time on the site and/or make a few posts. The explanation I gave above is what I believe to be the issue......new members spamming other members via PM.

If you need to contact a member post in the thread to get their attention. They can PM you

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I've asked the Admins a couple of times, plus they should see this thread. I've heard nothing in the way of an answer. I still suspect it may have something to do with having a minimum number of posts or length of membership time before being able to PM. We've had scammers etc... try use PMs for their purposes. Then again I could be totally wrong

Edited by txab