What old trucks do you see more?

I know there are lots of reasons for the answer but I wanted a general sense.  Nothing scientific here.  

What brand of trucks, old models, do you see most around your area?  

Up here in Toronto, I notice a lot of old Chevys more than old Fords or Rams.  

I know there are lots of reasons for the answer but I wanted a general sense.  Nothing scientific here.    

What brand of trucks, old models, do you see most around your area?  

Up here in Toronto, I notice a lot of old Chevys more than old Fords or Rams.  

A Chevy will run like sht longer than anything else.  

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

For "old" trucks on the road here in the Midwest, (say >10yo and >100k mi) there are a ton of gmt800's still around. 2nd is probably the 02-08 rams with rust over the rear wheel wells lol. Hardly see any of the round body style f150s around here (97-03)

• Like 1

Around here the old truck range 10-15 years old. I see old Fords being used for work. Like pulling small trailers, landscaping etc. I see the Chevys use for extra vehicles, lifted, cleaned up for expression mostly by young starter driver’s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

‘88-‘98 GM, ‘94+ Dodge, ‘97+ Ford. Rarely see any older than that living in the rust belt. There are a few nice square body GM trucks in my neighborhood because there’s a local farmer that buys them from out west and re-sells them. He has a really nice black ‘80s big block 1 ton 4wd. Another guy up the road has a nice 2 tone brown and tan  1 ton 4wd that looks similar to the truck from the old show Fall Guy. 

I see tons of 99-06 Chevy and GMCs running around, almost guaranteed to see a couple on my way to work. Definitely the most common of that bunch are Tahoes/Yukons. There's also a decent amount of 88-98 trucks in my area that are in excellent shape.

I've also been beginning to see more and more of the 10th gen (97-04) F-150s around strangely enough, though a lot of them have seen better days. Plenty of Super Duties from around that same year range around as well, still being put to work landscaping, plowing the streets, etc. There's also a decent amount of old Tacomas here and there.

Honestly, I rarely ever see 94-01 Dodge Rams anymore. Although, there is someone in my neighborhood who has a project one that is far from stock.

Anything that goes below the 90s is a rare sight, almost like a time capsule. I can only imagine either Michigan weather has destroyed them or they are being preserved. 

See a lot of new F150s and Rams, almost three times more vs new Chevy and GMCs, but as far as old stuff goes, Mostly older GM trucks/SUVs (including Tahoe's and Suburbans) as far as 1/2tons go.  3/4 & 1 Ton, still see plenty of Diesels from the big three, but more older Durmax vs Cummins and Power Stroke, even though both always outsold the Duramax.  Don't see many of the mid to late 90s power strokes much anymore.  Hardly any 90s vintage Cummins anymore. 

I suspect so much of this is based on how our mind works.  I find my attention is disproportionately drawn to trucks similar to ones I've owned.  I see a large number of 80's style Ford SuperCabs but I wouldn't place a bet that they are more common than any other. ? 

• Like 2