In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

mikystyle

S&B, Rotofab, or Cold Air Inductions Intake?!

I’m getting my hands on a used s&b intake. Pretty excited about it after reading all the reviews. I like to drive in sport mode due to throttle response being better. I’m hoping the intake helps with the throttle response being in normal mode.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Thejet07 said:

Did you keep the port open or closed?

I have had mine on for over 8k miles with all ports open and have zero issues or codes🤞🏻🤞🏻

make sure you disconnected battery for 2 hours and take off filter life in your settings area on dash 

• Like 1

Curious what benefits everyone is witnessing:

1. Engine sound

2. Power gains

3. Fuel mileage gains?

8 hours ago, TNTSilverado said:

I have had mine on for over 8k miles with all ports open and have zero issues or codes🤞🏻🤞🏻

make sure you disconnected battery for 2 hours and take off filter life in your settings area on dash 

2hrs after the install correct?

2 hours ago, mikystyle said:

2hrs after the install correct?

I disconnected my battery during install, took my time and it lasted right at 2 hours. Just 2 hours total is all you need it disconnected for. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Duramax3oh said:

Curious what benefits everyone is witnessing:

1. Engine sound

2. Power gains

3. Fuel mileage gains?

Engine sound is the main thing. It has better throttle response, and works well with my Corsa exhaust. 
Exhaust is going to give you the best bang for your buck.  When I installed my Corsa driving home from my father’s shop. I set the cruise and drove it normal like I did when I had stock exhaust on and the computer showed 22.1. On way down I checked and it said 20.6. It was a nice 70 degree night. So take it for what’s it worth. It breathes a $h!t ton better now with the exhaust flappers off. They have the most restrictions. My problem is now with them both on I love to hear the V8 (what/why I bought the truck) so my MPGs are not that good🤣😅. I’m usually at 18 to 19 ish. 

On 1/9/2021 at 10:47 PM, TNTSilverado said:

Do you ever get a drone-y sound on a light tip in of the throttle?  Like it's hovering between quiet and that heavy bass note that wide open gets you?  Makes me a bit nuts.  Considering trying to plug the one hole and see if it's any better

EDIT:
Or maybe a loud exhaust will cover that up :)

Edited by Rob Mugs

1 hour ago, Rob Mugs said:

Do you ever get a drone-y sound on a light tip in of the throttle?  Like it's hovering between quiet and that heavy bass note that wide open gets you?  Makes me a bit nuts.  Considering trying to plug the one hole and see if it's any better

EDIT:

That’s probably from the DFM, mine does that now even without the intake. When the truck is running on 6 or 4 cylinders it drones terrible

1 hour ago, Rob Mugs said:

EDIT:

I do get that once in a while. And yes, it’s because I believe sucking air from the fender area. I’m used to it and yes the exhaust does cancel it out. 

How can I go about ordering the S&B if I live in California...? Besides moving out of California...

43 minutes ago, arkenzo said:

How can I go about ordering the S&B if I live in California...? Besides moving out of California... emoji41.png

If you know someone that doesn’t live in commiefornia ship it to them and then have them ship it to you via ups. Paying double postage but you’ll get it there

• Haha 1