2004 Silverado 1500 CrewCab 4x4 steering wheel vibration

New to this form, I'm sure this topic may have been covered before...but here it goes, I'm having a slight vibration in my steering wheel at 50 mph, which I've been chasing for about a year and half now. I know this is usually an unbalanced or tire issue....don't believe this is the case here. Work done - tires were road force balanced, New brakes rotors and pads, all new ball joints, pitman, idler arms and idler bracket, shocks, intermediate shaft and shaft bearing, passenger wheel hub, wheel alignment...after all this, I just purchased brand new Michelin defenders thinking the culprit was the old tires, which were Goodyear SR-A's. Had a reputable shop check the truck out, they said the front end is rock solid.  Any ideas of what else would cause this mild vibration(steering wheel)? Overall truck is in great shape but this issue is starting to drive me nuts

• 2 weeks later...

universal joints and even your drive shaft can cause a slight vibration.  The fact that you said it happens around 50 mph would normally tell me you have an unbalanced tire, but as you said you swapped them. Something you might want to try if you havent already is rotating the fronts to the back, to eliminate a bent rim.  Just curious because I am not sure of the exact part names, you said you already changed your wheel bearings, and CV joints?  They too can cause vibration.  There are plenty of other issues that can cause vibration, from improperly installed CV joints,  over/under tightened wheel bearings, mounts gone bad or broken, to just simple rust that might have got onto the rotors.  Some more information might pin points your issue, such as does it go away at higher speeds? Does it do it when the roads are wet? Have you tried rotating your wheels from front to back? Did you replace the front end parts because of the vibration or did it start after you replaced those parts, and lastly are you running stock suspension, or lifted/lowered?

FIXED!! Ended up being the rear U joint...it was solid.. but when drive shaft was removed the U joint didn't flop around freely like it should. Strange the vibration was coming through the steering wheel?? Truck now drives like new given all the parts I replaced.