In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

This review makes the Corsa system look pretty good and a decent price.  I was looking at the GM Accessories GM/Borla system which people say is is essentially the Borla touring cat back.  I really want the quad round tips, but I can't find a Corsa system with tips to replace the factory bezels.

I've read some reviews that say the GM/Borla is not that much improvement over stock.  Would like to wake up the 6.2 a bit but not to ATAK level.

Edited by CXXX
  • Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It really is dead quiet and I'm impressed. It's even quieter than the Corsa system on my Vette on the highway. The best surprise is no funky DFM noises at low speeds. 

Thanks for the info. I dont think it will be to loud for me...the wife maybe but she will get used to it..haha. I watched your video. Excellent by the way. I will be purchasing it soon. Thanks again

If it’s cold outside. It can get a little growly!!  Just on start up. It’s a loud crisp growl then tones down quickly.  I love mine. I won’t put anything else on any other truck I buy.  The best part

Posted Images

On 7/2/2021 at 8:12 AM, 204Denali said:

Yeah mine is a lot louder than yours, but I think it has quite a lot to do with the piping like you said between your setup and mine. I do not have any flappers anymore, still have cat of course, and it is loud but yours is a little more toned down and clear (which I    like) and I most likely have more drone than you I would assume because of that.

I cannot stand drone on my perf cars, reason I do not have borla ever on them.  I run the Corsa Extreme setup currently w/o headers (yet) and its damn loud on WOT but causing zero drone, love that about Corsa and I  also think investing in a quality CB makes world of difference when it comes to drone.

I  have heard the B&B sound clips, I do love that sound as well.  I've never driven or been in a C5 to be honest, but I hear nothing but good things about that gen from those who have.

Its a great car! Its aging a bit which shows here and there. I've updated the look with a few minor things, the exhaust, all LED lighting and low profile pop up HID headlights. I've had several people (even at auto shops) ask me if it was new...its over 20 years old 🙂 I keep debating when the time will be to get a newer one. I could have had a C8 for what I paid for the Denali, but I just like the C5 so darn much I've never been all that motivated to replace it. When the time goes I will probably go to a C7 anyway. I keep trying to convince myself (especially when looking at exterior pictures, absolutely gorgeous) that driving an automatic Corvette wouldn't be the end of the world. then I drive the C5 again and change my mind right back, it must be a manual.

21 minutes ago, CXXX said:

This review makes the Corsa system look pretty good and a decent price.  I was looking at the GM Accessories GM/Borla system which people say is is essentially the Borla touring cat back.  I really want the quad round tips, but I can't find a Corsa system with tips to replace the factory bezels.

I've read some reviews that say the GM/Borla is not that much improvement over stock.  Would like to wake up the 6.2 a bit but not to ATAK level.

Not to make your decision any harder but if you're looking for something between the touring and the ATAK, that's exactly what the S-Type is. and its available with all the same tip options, stock, quad round, quad square, chrome, black, carbon fiber. something to consider.

I think magniflow also has the quad round option, they sound really good also. I don't know how it compares in terms of loudness to the Borla offerings though.

On 7/19/2021 at 3:39 PM, kodiakdenali said:

Not to make your decision any harder but if you're looking for something between the touring and the ATAK, that's exactly what the S-Type is. and its available with all the same tip options, stock, quad round, quad square, chrome, black, carbon fiber. something to consider.

I think magniflow also has the quad round option, they sound really good also. I don't know how it compares in terms of loudness to the Borla offerings though.

Another fan of the Corsa system, after having the system on my '03 Sierra Denali with the 6.0L.  I also liked the double wall exhaust tips. I'm also a fan of the quad round tips, which with the nice sound, Magnaflow is a close second.

That Borla S-Type system added another option I saw and that was the quad rounded square. That's a nice look and have seen a few aftermarket manufacture these SS tips in the same style. After listening to a number of sound clips of the different systems, Corsa and Magnaflow was to my liking, at least to my ear. 

While listening to sound clips of installs, I came across the Hooker Blackheart SS cat-back systems. That one had a nice tone with no reported drone and attaches to the factory exhaust bezels. Has my interest at $750, but researching more for user reviews. Currently on email notice when back in stock.

Edited by DenaliSS
Spelling