In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

Bob’s Sierra

2021 at4 crew standard bed 28 gal fuel tank?

I currently have a 2020 Sierra crew standard bed with the 24 gallon tank and loathe it. I drive roughly 40k a year 

ordering a 2021 at4 crew standard bed 

has anyone had any luck getting the 28 gallon installed in these crew cab standard bed trucks

thanks 

I have a 20 and if anyone comes out with a replacement oversize tank i would be interested mine guzzles the gas when I tow and so far 75% of my miles are towing. 

I'm towing with the 24 gal tank as well and is sticks.

Luckily the trailer has a 40gallon fuel tank so I'm not stranded but man 24 gal is really small for a full size.

Have you guys crawled under your truck and noticed the huge irk space in front of the gas tank? Maybe a transfer tank can be mounted there? How To pump the fuel from one tank to another would be the question. I think some of the largest toy haulers may have this feature, so it might be worth looking into???

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Bob, what part of the country are you in?  I’m going to pull the 28 gal tank off my long bed soon. I’m down in Houston TX. 

My 2020 AT4 has 24  gallon tank and it sucks for towing!  Have spoken with both Tranfer Flow and Titan - neither have any plans to make a "replacement" tank - reason is the fuel tank is not part of the "emission" certification, so it can't be modified without impacting the emmission system.

As far as a transfer tank goes - that is my plan - either in bed or something underneath.  Lots of fuel pumps available in the boat industry that fit perfectly for this.  Plan to put a new fitting in the fuel fill line and do a Y that will allow fuel to flow from the "extra" tank into the main tank.  If I go with the bed tank - will be 40 gallon tank - so that allows for a lot more range.  

21 hours ago, Supercup said:

My 2020 AT4 has 24  gallon tank and it sucks for towing!  Have spoken with both Tranfer Flow and Titan - neither have any plans to make a "replacement" tank - reason is the fuel tank is not part of the "emission" certification, so it can't be modified without impacting the emmission system.

As far as a transfer tank goes - that is my plan - either in bed or something underneath.  Lots of fuel pumps available in the boat industry that fit perfectly for this.  Plan to put a new fitting in the fuel fill line and do a Y that will allow fuel to flow from the "extra" tank into the main tank.  If I go with the bed tank - will be 40 gallon tank - so that allows for a lot more range.  

When you say that you spoke with Titan was in regards to a larger gas or diesel tank?  When chatted with their support they said they were working on for the 3.0 duramax.

1 hour ago, blckblt said:

When you say that you spoke with Titan was in regards to a larger gas or diesel tank?  When chatted with their support they said they were working on for the 3.0 duramax.

Only for gas - I know they have larger tanks for HD''s (2500/3500) and a replacement tank option.  Be nice if they did a larger one for 3.0 - never thought to ask about that, as maybe could use that tank for gas as well? 

6 hours ago, blckblt said:

Wait what! Spill the deets! Any idea on size and timeframe??

Edited by Duramax3oh

33 minutes ago, Duramax3oh said:

Wait what! Spill the deets! Any idea on size and timeframe??

They wouldn’t give me any details other than they were working on a larger tank and agreed that the 24 gallon tank was too small. 

Coming from an 04 Avalanche 8.1L 2500 with a 37 gallon tank to a 2019 Silverado 6.2L with a 24 gallon tank just has me baffled and confused.  Similar gas mileage on highway.  Used to go weeks without needing gas...now need gas every week.  Subscribing.