Small piece of paper seal fell in Amsoil 75w-90 Quart Pouch - Ruined?

Was cutting open the seal and a tiny torn piece of it, maybe the width of a popcorn kernel, fell into the oil.  I tried to drain the pouch into another used pouch to catch it but couldn't.

My question is: if I use this pouch to fill the rear diff (did the front diff, had 5 pouches on hand) and the paper finds its way in, will it cause any issues?

Don't worry, I'm already erring on the side of caution and have a pouch set aside at my local Carquest (only folks in East TX who carry Amsoil 75w-90) to pick up tomorrow AM, but just curious if it's even worth worrying about.

Side note: if you order Amsoil products right now through their website and are in DFWish, standard ground shipping equates to overnight.  They have a distribution center in Arlington!  Order Signature Series ATF for the t-case yesterday afternoon and it was here before lunch today!

When I use the 5 quart jugs of Mobile one I always cringe when opening the foil seal. Pure paranoia I know, but I always feel like there's going to be some little sliver of foil fall off as I'm pouring it in and run through the engine before it can get to the filter.  Not to hijack this thread, but how come the 5 quart jugs of Mobile One have a foil seal but the single quarts just have a plastic twist off seal?   

• Like 1

Could you possibly cut open the pouch and just drain the entire contents into a small clear container? Then you'd see 100% of the oil, and any paper leftover.

Of course, you'd have to manually pump it into the diff, but just a possibility.

20200520_122917 (1).jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, YYC-SIERRA said:

Could you possibly cut open the pouch and just drain the entire contents into a small clear container? Then you'd see 100% of the oil, and any paper leftover.

Of course, you'd have to manually pump it into the diff, but just a possibility.

20200520_122917 (1).jpg

I definitely thought about that but I unfortunately don't have a pump do that.  Then I got worried about other contaminants lol.  Figure by the time I buy a pump @ $15-20, I would have been able to just buy that new pouch of Amsoil and be done with it.

Ended up doing something similar to what @YYC-SIERRA said.  Drained the pouch into a cheap clear pitcher, the tiny piece of soggy paper floated out on the last drop, used a spoon to lift out of the oil, then used the pitcher into a funnel to put oil back in the pouch.  We'll call that East TX Engineering.  Thank you @YYC-SIERRA!

Edited by tnyrdrgz
  • Like 2