Diesel and Torque Pro

gemarsh

Anyone running torque pro on a diesel and is watching def usage?? If so, can you explain to a English standard guy what this g/km equivalent would be for def?

There is no way it's using 1.8 gallons per kilometer. 

I have the app set to English units, but this gauge is still reading in the metric system. 

Screenshot_20201222-091057_Torque.jpg

Anyone running torque pro on a diesel and is watching def usage?? If so, can you explain to a English standard guy what this g/km equivalent would be for def?

There is no way it's using 1.8 gallons per kilometer. 

I have the app set to English units, but this gauge is still reading in the metric system. 
Screenshot_20201222-091057_Torque.thumb.jpg.95d256afaa1d3291ecc3b7691e23c902.jpg

Haven’t used it yet but willing to give it a try! I have a WiFi obd2 interface just sitting her. I’ll plug it in and see what it reports for me.

2 hours ago, dram1983361 said:

Grams per kilometer possibly

Huh, very well could be. Grams is a weight, correct? Doing math, looks like there is 3765 grams in a gallon. Beings there is still 3/4 tank of def left and almost 3000 miles on the truck,  it very much could be grams.

15 hours ago, gemarsh said:

Huh, very well could be. Grams is a weight, correct? Doing math, looks like there is 3765 grams in a gallon. Beings there is still 3/4 tank of def left and almost 3000 miles on the truck,  it very much could be grams.

I think you're right.  Saw this...each US gallon (3.785 litres) of the fluid will weigh 9.2 lbs (4.17 kilograms) or 4170 grams.  Then found this:

Specific Gravity: 9.1 (32.5%) or 9.4 (40%) lb/gal @ 60°F (1.09 – 1.13 g/cc)  

This seems more accurate so lets use this:

5.3 Gallons is 21876.76 grams

Divide by 1.8 (your current useage)= 12,153.76 km

12153.76/1.609=rounds to 7554 miles

But that's draining to empty.

Based on your consumption rate of 1.8g/km that works out to .7 gallons remaining at 1000 miles and .21 gallons remaining at 300 miles.

Also that consumption rate looks like it's based off that ignition/drive cycle only and is not indicative of your cumulative consumption.

https://www.trucknews.com/features/diesel-exhaust-fluid-def-facts-unveiled-at-tmc/

• 4 weeks later...

So the Torque Lite App.  Where all of those settings or monitors pre-programmed in there?  I ran into a guy who was telling me he had to download some PID's I think he called them. Id basically love to know when the truck is about to go into regen so I Can keep driving through it and not stopping half way through.