In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

Dmax 3.0 Adding second battery?

Search feature is pretty unusable and did not turn up anything on this.
I am looking to add a second battery inside engine compartment to wire up a 2000w invertor in the bed to.  The idea is that the second battery would be used to handle whatever I want to run off the invertor while driving or parked.
Yes I can just put second battery in the bed of the truck, throw in an isolator and wire to primary but I am looking to see if anyone has done a second battery under the hood, I would prefer not to have a battery in the bed of the truck.  Something a little more factory and a little cleaner if possible.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm afraid I pretty much did what you don't want to do and put the battery in the bed with an isolator. But there was no way I could have fit the Renogy 200 A/hr battery under the hood either. I'll definitely throw out there that with the DPF in the engine bay, you're gonna have a bad time if you mount a battery on the passenger side without significant heat shielding. Best thing I can think of for low key mounting would be a non-vented battery under the passenger seat or a compact lithium battery on the driver side of the engine bay. Those body frame rails really cut into the usable space under the hood in these trucks.