In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

HANKJR

Prograde Trailing System

Its been quite awhile since I have been on here, but I just purchased a 2021 GMC Sierra 1500 SLT with the Prograde Trailing Package. My question is should I have received TPS's with this truck for my boat trailer? I see where earlier year models did but not sure on the 2021 models. Any ideas on this would be helpful before I approach the Dealership.

Thanks in Advance

Pack of 4 sensors are now a separate $50 option. They are shipped loose with the truck if that option is ordered. 

Does anyone know what the P/N is for these sensors? The closest that I came up with is for the 2020 which is 84152501. I was quoted $263 from the dealer for these but they did not provide the P/N.

Thanks in advance

84152501 is what my 19 came with. Can’t imagine they changed them for 21 but I have no way of knowing. 

Just don’t spend that much. $85 eBay for a set of four. Still more than the $50 option but a lot less than that dealer price.

Will the truck recognize more than 4 extra sensors? At different times? I would like to install these on 3 trailers. Two are 2-axle trailers and a single axle trailer. 

"84152501 is what my 19 came with. Can’t imagine they changed them for 21 but I have no way of knowing. 

Just don’t spend that much. $85 eBay for a set of four. Still more than the $50 option but a lot less than that dealer price."

That is what I was thinking and I also saw the ones that you are referring to and will order those.

"Will the truck recognize more than 4 extra sensors? At different times? I would like to install these on 3 trailers. Two are 2-axle trailers and a single axle trailer."

I believe that you set up a profile for each trailer, but I am TOTALLY new to the new gadgets on my truck. I went from 2008 Duramax to what I have now.

Thanks to all who replied!

1 hour ago, gemarsh said:

Will the truck recognize more than 4 extra sensors? At different times? I would like to install these on 3 trailers. Two are 2-axle trailers and a single axle trailer. 

Yes.

You can only get 4 'with the truck' at the cheaper price, but can buy more thru accessories,.

System can read 6 at once, so can be used work with 3 axle trailers. 

System saves 'profiles' for the trailers you pull.

Each can have sensors it you want. (but you don't have to)

You can also have a 'guest' trailer - so you don

Same as 2019, my 2021 came with : 

GM p/n 84152501  433MHz  Made in UK   $150 per pair form GM accessories  

(as GM likes to do, there is a different part number for a 'package of 2 sensors' Part No. : 84338125  The oic with that part number show the parts, with the number posted for the 2019, and that came with mine.

They look like this: https://accessories.gmc.com/product/trailer-tire-pressure-indicator-sensor-package-84338125?year=2021&make=GMC&model=Sierra 1500&modelId=548&body=Crew Cab Pickup&bodyId=22&wheel=Standard Box&wheelId=652&trim=Denali&trimId=577&drive=4WD&driveId=8&engine=3.0L L6 DIESEL&engineId=17881&bodyNumDoors=5&categoryId=106004

640X640

The black stemmed ones, also on the accessories site  look like the ones on the truck.

Tire Pressure Monitor (XL8 - 433 MHz) Part No. : 84413357 

They are $40 each, so about 1/2 the cost of the trailer sensors. 

Perhaps because they don't do tire temperature?   Anybody know for sure?

They look like this:

640X640

You might want to measure your axles from the rear bumper of your truck before you order. I was reading on here where some guys were having trouble with the signal picking up and the dealer saying they will only read a maximum of 23 feet from the rear bumper.

The 23 ft thing is also in the OM.

Trailer Tire Pressure Setup
If the Trailer Tire Pressure Monitoring
System (TTPMS) is detected, touch the Tire
Pressure Monitoring icon to set up tire
pressure monitoring. Touch Yes to set up
the sensors or touch No to return to the
previous screen.
The trailer tire pressure sensors can transmit
up to 7 m (23 feet) from the hitch receiver of
the vehicle.
A trailer must be electrically connected to