In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

At4 wheels

• 4 months later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By 17Sierra1500
      Long story short, I think I need to buy springs but don't know which ones to select. RockAuto has 27 different "GM Genuine" coil springs for a 2017 GMC Sierra with 6.2L engine.

I am wanting to match the spring rate of a 2017 GMC Sierra SLT CrewCab 4x4 6.2L.  If someone has this exact truck, maybe they could post their RPO codes please? Or maybe, hopefully, someone has a better idea to get this info?

The long story (if you care to read on) is I have the 2017 GMC Sierra Denali CrewCab 4x4 6.2L with MagneRide shocks & struts.  The truck has just under 60K miles and the ride quality has degraded over time. I know at least 1 shock is bad due to it leaking, no codes have been thrown on the dash.  Due to the mileage and the expense of the MagneRide shocks, I am pursuing replacing them all with conventional shocks and at the same time, getting my truck level.

Several options on the market claiming great ride quality but I'm leaning towards the Bilstein 5100's that I've had on past trucks or the Eibach ProTruck kit E80-23-006-02-22 for $704 that sound great too but I'll need to buy strut mounts and deal with compressing those beasts (others have had issues). Or possibly the RoughCountry E2 loaded struts #501029 - inexpensive but not sure on ride quality + reliability or maybe even Fox 2.0's if I can find them for a good price.  I would even consider the Belltech coilovers #15102 for $650 /pair if I could find someone running them with a positive review.

If/since my MagneRide coil springs aren't the same/compatible, with some kits including the Bilsteins, I'll need to buy new springs, which isn't a huge deal since they aren't too expensive - some as low as $34.  I know Eibach's kit comes with springs included but it appears they have a higher spring rate for trucks with extra weight on the front of their trucks.

Of course, I'll need to deal with the MRC electronics, cheapest I've found is https://www.magdelete.com/collections/sierra-1500 and I may end up just getting the entire kit from him but don't know which springs are used with his either...

It does make some sense that there are so many different GM Genuine coil springs due to there being 3 different engines available, 3 different cab sizes and 4 different trims...

I do zero off-roading or towing and am just looking for a nice street ride with a leveled look.

I welcome input on anything I've said but I'm mainly looking for the proper conventional OEM spring that will match best with my truck.

• By PacksAWallop
      Unfortunately this is my first post here.  But thought my info would be helpful to others.  My new 2022 GMC Sierra 1500 AT4 Limited with the 6.2 has been in the shop for a couple days due to lifter failure.  The truck had right at 6,000 miles on it when the lifter collapsed and bent a push rod.  I called the dealer for an update, and they said parts should be in in the next day or two, then they'll replace the affected bank of lifters.....  I asked why they won't replace both banks since the failure occurred in less than 8,000 miles?  They told me that particular TSB procedure stopped at the 2021 model year.  The 2022's will only have the affected bank side replaced even if failure occurs in under 8,000 miles on your brand new truck.  I've opened a case with GM directly to try and get both banks replaced since the parts still seem to be substandard.  I don't want to be pulling my camper with my family, and have the truck fail on me again because they only replaced half of the defective parts.  I can't even get a loaner from the dealership while the truck is being fixed.  

Aside from this current headache, I absolutely love our new truck.  No plans on getting rid of it, I just want it fixed the right way with parts that aren't inferior.

Edit:  The truck has a build date of 12/21.  Unsure of engine build date, but have to imagine it's close to the truck's build date.
    • By Snake River Wraps
      2004 Yukon Denali XL 1500 AWD
      Ok, so I have done many brakes in the past but this has me stumped. I put new calipers rotors and pads all the way around on the truck and have bled the brakes like 6 times. twice with a helper and 4 times with a bottle. All times the fluid comes out with no air but it still goes to the floor when its turned on. A small amount of push back is noticed after pumping a few times while the truck is off. But as soon as I turn it on and push its nothing. I have read about there possibly being air in the ABS module and am looking for how to bleed that with just one person and have it actually work. The master cylinder is and has been filled throughout and never dropper too low. I placed all the new parts and puller the hose off the old calipers and attached it to the new ones quickly replacing the copper washers. I just cant figure out what could be happening, any help would be appreciated.
    • By Thomas Rodriguez
      Hi All,

Hopefully I placed this in the correct sub-forum...

I am due to replace my tires on my 2019 Sierra 1500 Denali with the stock 22" wheels. This means the tire size is 275/50/R22 which really limits tire availability. I have considered goin with a 285/45/R22 as that opens up more options. It is 2.1% shorter so hoping it's not going to be an issue with the speedo and mileage staying pretty close to accurate? Thoughts on that tire size? Thoughts? Concerns? How much is this really affecting my annual mileage if we say 10k miles per year? I suspect warranty company is fine with it as my mileage will add up a little faster... Any other tire sizes you guys recommend that open up options that wont require any recalibration to speedo?

In any case, I live in MN and we have a lot of snowy road days and we ice fish, etc. Using the stock tires on the lake this year was.... well... not good. I got stuck. I would like something that will perform better on snow but also not be real noisy. I have a Denali truck with no real mods because I have finally reached an age where all I want to hear in my truck is my music and nothing else lol. So road noise is a huge factor. I had a Trail Boss as a loaner for the weekend and the aggressive tire profile on those were AWFUL. But the standard all-season tire on a truck that is the same for a car just isn't it. Is there a good all-terrain tire than is quite? Does that even exist? Looking for any input and experience any of you have on the matter. 

Also considering the Continental Terrain Contact A/T as well. Reviews seem to indicate they are very quiet on road as well. These are also a 285/45/R22 (smaller diamter/circumfrence). can changing from a 50 to a 45 series tire affect road noise and comfort a lot? I had 24s on an Escalade running 30 or 35 series tires and they didn't seem to sacrifice comfort, but its been a while.
    • By Andrew Selinger
      I have 2021 AT4 with the 6.2L, just recently a check engine light has come on and am a bit stumped on it.  I have read the codes on the ODB11 and the reader I have shows a P2CB9 code but it give me an "information unknown" reading.  My GMC app however tells me that nothing is wrong and all systems are normal.

I search online and find that the P2CB9 code is a "cooling fan 2 underspeed" however I live in Canada, its -25 degrees Celsius outside and there should be no reason that cooling fan 2 needs to run, or if I need to get it to run, its too cold out to try and get it to engage.

Would taking the negative battery post off reset this code?  its not like its immediately urgent in my life to get it to the dealership due to im not worried about it overheating, but its blocking my command start from working and its pissing me off because its cold outside.

Am I chasing the right rabbit?

Thanks in advance