Ready Lift Trail Boss Plus 2.0" SST Lift Kit Questions

I know this subject looks like it gets beat to death on here. My apologies if this is already here somewhere! 

I have a couple of questions about this kit kit.  First let me say my truck is a 21 trail boss and will never see any off road situations. I really just want to level the truck purely for looks. 

This kit says 2" front and 1" rear.  

Doing the 2" in the front makes sense but why would I want to add the 1" in rear if I'm trying to level the truck?

Does some how the combination of the 2" front and the 1' rear keep the truck level? 

I see the safe and smartest way to level the truck is using new upper control arms with corrected ball joint geometry.....thats covered with this kit.

Lastly....there is a note towards the bottom of the link that says they don't recommend you use your truck in auto 4wd....why would that be? 

Sorry guys....just trying to educate myself as much as possible before moving forward. Your input/help is much appreciated! 

ReadyLIFT | 2019-2021 AT4/Trail Boss Plus 2.0" SST Lift Kit- GM 1500 AT4/Trail Boss 4WD

Following as I'm also very interested in this setup.  I'm also curious about if there is any downsides of not putting in the rear section of this kit.

I saw this on the page for the lift

@ John V, according to ReadyLift,
If you install this kit on your TrailBoss,
Will will not be able to activate your 4wd Auto function without the risk of damaging your truck. This kit puts the spindles at a severe angle and will damage your 4WD system if used in Automatic.
You can only use 4Hi or 4Lo.

1 hour ago, PureZ71 said:

Following as I'm also very interested in this setup.  I'm also curious about if there is any downsides of not putting in the rear section of this kit.

I saw this on the page for the lift

@ John V, according to ReadyLift,
If you install this kit on your TrailBoss,
Will will not be able to activate your 4wd Auto function without the risk of damaging your truck. This kit puts the spindles at a severe angle and will damage your 4WD system if used in Automatic.
You can only use 4Hi or 4Lo.

That makes no sense to me....correct me if I'm wrong. If the spindle is at such a severe angle you would have more issues than losing auto 4wd..... you wouldn't be able to get the front end alignment within specs?  If you can get your caster/camber and toe where it needs to be the spindle should be at the same angles as factory....right? 

I could see the CV shaft being at a different angle? But why would you not be able to use auto 4wd and still be able to use 4H and 4L?  

Edited by 21trailboss

2 hours ago, 21trailboss said:

I know this subject looks like it gets beat to death on here. My apologies if this is already here somewhere! 

I have a couple of questions about this kit kit.  First let me say my truck is a 21 trail boss and will never see any off road situations. I really just want to level the truck purely for looks. 

This kit says 2" front and 1" rear.  

Doing the 2" in the front makes sense but why would I want to add the 1" in rear if I'm trying to level the truck?

Thats because this is a lift kit not a leveling kit. 

Does some how the combination of the 2" front and the 1' rear keep the truck level? 

It's intent is to lift the truck, not level it. But it will bring it closer to being level as the trail boss is already more level then the standard 4x4. It's a 2" factory lift with a block thats 1" taller in the back I believe. So lifting in 2" more up front and 1" in the back brings it even closer to level.

I see the safe and smartest way to level the truck is using new upper control arms with corrected ball joint geometry.....thats covered with this kit.

Lastly....there is a note towards the bottom of the link that says they don't recommend you use your truck in auto 4wd....why would that be? 

I'm not sure of the reasons, but the only thing I could think would be binding issues. When you switch to 4hi/4lo you are most likely on level ground with the wheels straight, making the transition easier. In 4 auto, that transition could happen in a position that could cause unwanted binding. This kit includes UCA to correct ball joint angles, but it does nothing to correct the added CV angles or steering angles. 

Sorry guys....just trying to educate myself as much as possible before moving forward. Your input/help is much appreciated! 

ReadyLIFT | 2019-2021 AT4/Trail Boss Plus 2.0" SST Lift Kit- GM 1500 AT4/Trail Boss 4WD

Edited by Daly

3 hours ago, wepiii said:

I went with the RC 1.5 level and their 3.5 inch upper control arms for that exact reason. Didn’t want to have any 4 wheel drive issues.

5eb57800d2c97a4926c40d41064ef381.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Truck looks sweet! Thanks for chiming in....this is helpful! Im going to look into this.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Daly said:

Thanks for posting.....great information!  In my mind I look at this being called a lift from the stand point of the rear 1".  The front in my mind is a leveling kit.  Yes its 2" but guys are doing 1.5 and 1.75 leveling kits on here. This is .5 and .25 more in those 2 cases...thats not much. But I do not want to deal with not being able to use auto 4wd mode. I personally wouldn't have an issue with it as I usually only use 4H when needed. My fear is the girlfriend (or anyone else for that matter) driving the truck and forgetting and putting it in auto 4wd and ******* something up. This has been very helpful guys. If anyone has other combos of leveling kits using new control arms please post up your specs. Thank you!  

10 hours ago, wepiii said:

I went with the RC 1.5 level and their 3.5 inch upper control arms for that exact reason. Didn’t want to have any 4 wheel drive issues.

5eb57800d2c97a4926c40d41064ef381.jpg

Which control arms did you get? I see on RC website about the 1.5 leveling kit but the 3.5 control arms are in a set

https://www.roughcountry.com/suspension-lift-kits.html?find=2021-chevy-silverado-1500-4wd-750287&sid=8xlVVFpyGR

I messaged ReadyLift on IG asking if we can just put the front parts and not the rear and got this reply:

“It is necessary for the truck to sit properly. If you don’t install the rear lift the front will sit higher than the rear and will affect caster.”

Which control arms did you get? I see on RC website about the 1.5 leveling kit but the 3.5 control arms are in a set
https://www.roughcountry.com/suspension-lift-kits.html?find=2021-chevy-silverado-1500-4wd-750287&sid=8xlVVFpyGR

https://www.roughcountry.com/gm-forged-aluminum-upper-control-arms-29501.html

If you check the Q&A section on that product link you can see other people have used them for their trailboss. They are designed for their 3.5 inch kit, but if you add a 1.5 level to the stock 2 inches that comes on the trail boss, you are at 3.5

• Like 1

On 1/17/2021 at 3:08 AM, PureZ71 said:

I messaged ReadyLift on IG asking if we can just put the front parts and not the rear and got this reply:

“It is necessary for the truck to sit properly. If you don’t install the rear lift the front will sit higher than the rear and will affect caster.”

Thanks for the leg work PureZ71..... this is helpful 

• Like 1

Update......I found a post by member Supercup who had this kit on his truck. He had a great description with pics of CV angles. Wortj a look!  I will not be using this kit....I dont to take a chance on damaging my truck if its accidentally ran in auto 4wd. 

AT4 - Looking for 3-3.5" Level with Bigger Tire Photos - 2019/2020 Silverado & Sierra Mods - GM-Trucks.com (gm-trucks.com)

• 5 months later...