In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

Sign in to follow this  
KW 5226

2021 Silverado 6.2 with Magnaflow

This is for all you Chevy owners who bought a 20 or 21 Silverado with a 6.2.  I have done some major experimenting on 2021 Silverado Trail Boss with the 6.2 starting with a 14" Magnaflow and flapper delete (came with only one).  It was obnoxiously loud and had a terrible drone at highway speeds.  I then put a 18" Magnaflow with the flapper back on and it was much better but still had a noticeable annoying drone at highway speeds.  I finally installed a 22" Magnaflow (part #12589) without the flapper and it has a perfect tone and most importantly no drone at highway speeds.  It sounds awesome at WOT!  ***Total cost for all parts/labor at a reputable muffler shop near me was $495 which includes me keeping the 18" Magnaflow.  Still significantly cheaper than any of the cat-back exhaust systems on the market.  Hope this information is helpful!

Awesome. Would be awesome if you could record it and post it up here (YouTube). I'm also looking to upgrade my exhaust for my '21 6.2L.

PureZ71, I installed a Gibson catback on mine, I’ve always loved the way Gibson’s sound. Price was very comparable to to what KW did but I installed myself. 

1 hour ago, rico750sxi said:

PureZ71, I installed a Gibson catback on mine, I’ve always loved the way Gibson’s sound. Price was very comparable to to what KW did but I installed myself. 

I agree. I had a Gibson on my 2018 Sierra 6.2L. Sounded really good, nice deep tone and I bought it for $470 from AutoAnything. Full cat back exhaust and no hacking up stock one. And yes, installed it all myself.