In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

Sign in to follow this  
cbrsilv15

How to SUCCESSFULLY install an Escalade shifter in 14-18 trucks

I want to start out and say that I’m super pumped about this finally being accomplished. I’ve heard and read before where members have tried, but couldn’t get the manual shifter buttons to work. I was inspired by Phil Gamboa to tear into this and get it working. After checking out the four wires(2 white for towhaul and two black for manual mode) I figured that trying to re-pin the plug wouldn’t work. It would likely just reverse the polarity of the momentary buttons. Picture of the escalade shifter vs stock one. Gm #25807853 is the shifter I used. It fits the 08-14 Escalade. GM used a different switch inside that will not communicate with the bcm if you just plug it into your truck. All you have to do is just swap the internals over to the Escalade, and you’re golden!! 439fad5d0c82017a0a456efa906d9d16.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Awesome work!!

• Like 1

Start by taking a small plastic pry tool and slowly pop the button out. It’ll come out relatively easy. 11ca89c91143a3c9c2d476aec852993f.jpg

You’ll expose the switch underneath. Take a small pick and push on the small tab to release it and it’ll come out slowly. 8165a454546b4366a8a11ce4b2fe9f7a.jpg

Once you pull it out, you can pop up the two smal white tabs on the side of the plug and the cover will come up. I marked one wire on the jst terminal and the side of the plug so I knew which wire went where, in the event that I mixed them up. Just grab and firmly pull these out. b27d146987754b0d90f2f27f1c8d0506.jpg

Once you pull the switch out, repeat this same process on the Stock shifter to get to the internal button. Just swap the old internal buttons to the new escalade shifter, and just put everything back together. That’s it! Towhaul and the manual shifter buttons now work!!6f634438f97d884cc41a11e9bb93b492.jpg

Edited by cbrsilv15

I take it the outside button is easy to swap?

I take it the outside button is easy to swap?

What do you mean by the outside button?

1 hour ago, cbrsilv15 said:

What do you mean by the outside button?

I guess I misunderstood, why do the buttons need to be swapped?

I guess I misunderstood, why do the buttons need to be swapped?

Guys have tried to swap the Escalade shifter, but only towhaul worked, not the manual shift buttons, so they always stuck with a Denali shifter which is leather wrapped. Swapping the internals allows the manual shift buttons to work and tow haul, so it’s now 100% functional. The Escalade shifter just has some chrome on it to match the other interior accents.

That's really a good look! Wanted a leather shifter for myself and I just got a period correct denali shifter off ebay as I'm not a fan of chrome but I had no idea you could pop the switches out! This will come in handy big time because my denali shifter buttons have always felt really soft compared to my factory shifter. Great content and looks awesome! +1

Sent from my SM-G986U1 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Does the tow/haul indicator at the end of the Escalade stick light up when it’s on? It is it just stamped there?

Just stamped on the cap.

• Like 1