In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

S&B Cold Air Intake and check engine light

Over the weekend I finally got around to installing my S&B cold air intake on my 2017 Silverado 5.3.  Since I finished it up late last night I never took it for a drive.  This morning I tried to start my truck with the remote start and it didn't work (I'm guessing due to the check engine light being on).  When I started my truck the engine light was on.  I do remember installing the air flow sensor in the same direction.  Anyone have any ideas as to why the light would be on?  

Chris

Ok, I disconnected the negative battery lead and let the computer clear any learned programming.  I then let the truck run for 15 minutes to learn the new CAI.  The light is off for now.  I'll keep you posted if it goes back on.  

Edited by SoonerTA

I installed an S&B setup on my F250 6.7L. It said to keep the battery disconnected for at least 2 hours or you can get a check engine light. To play it safe I waited about 3 hours. Never had an issue.

• 3 months later...

Ran into the same issue on mine, although I think it was my fault. I cleaned the MAF before reinstalling it but don't think I gave it enough time to dry so I ended up having to replace it. After that though, everything was fine and ran smooth. 

CAI.jpg