In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

Cracked windshield - I hate winter!

SRNicholson

Well it had to happen sooner or later. Today I'm driving south on Deerfoot Trail about 200 feet behind the closest car and out of nowhere a rock nails my windshield and dammit, it's a bad one. Less than a month old and it's got little nasty spider legs coming out of it.  It was too late in the day to get it fixed so I just hope it doesn't spread and that it's actually fixable.  I hate that the City of Calgary spreads suck large rocks on the road after a snowfall.

Sigh.  The first one hurts the most.  Winter sucks!  I'm sure many of you can relate to this.

Dude, I hear ya! I bought my truck in Feb 2018 and it didn't even make it to Spring before the windshield got stoned. Luckily it's on the passenger side and hasn't spidered. It don't think it was Deerfoot, Glenmore I believe.....either way, the city roads suck. If you ever need a replacement, Cal Alta Auto Glass is awesome.

We now have a -30 forecast, going to have to break out the block heater cord and some long johns it looks like.  I hoped we'd have some global warming and skip this crap this year.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.