Possible to install 1500 bumper onto 2500?

Hi all,

So I'm well versed in the differences between the 1500 and 2500. I also understand the differences between the 07-10 2500 and the 11-13 2500.

I have a 2008 2500HD (pictured). Most aftermarket winch bumpers are massive and heavy and don't really offer better approach angle, which I want because I actually go wheeling with my truck. 

Notable: I installed a hidden winch plate that was made for 1500s "only." I just had to fab up a couple spacers because the frame is a hair wider, but the holes lined up. I have a write up over at expedition portal.

So I'm looking at this bumper:

https://www.roughcountry.com/gm-diy-bumper-10790c.html

I feel like it COULD work, especially since it's DIY. I feel like the actual brackets that bolt onto the frame horns will be easy to manipulate. But my main concern is the contour. As you can see, the bumper follows the shape of the bottom of the grille and headlights.

As far as that area, are the dimensions the same between the 1500 and 2500? If not, by how much are they off? I've read the pre-'11 2500 grille is possibly taller, but is it wider too? If no one knows the answer, if you could measure the length from the inside of headlight, from light to light, that would probably answer my question.

IMG_20201013_165431.jpg