In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

Inventory and ordering lead times

33 minutes ago, Epsilon Plus said:

Looks like according to this heated wheel still might be on your menu:

https://gmauthority.com/blog/2021/11/these-gmc-models-will-get-limited-heated-seat-availability/

...and for you looks like both are still on your menu:

https://gmauthority.com/blog/2021/11/these-chevy-models-will-get-limited-heated-seat-availability/

Well, that's as clear as mud.

'Some units' of LTZ 'may' get heated/ventilated seats and/or heated steering wheel.

This really gives me no confidence. I wonder if my dealer can give me a definitive answer.

5 hours ago, Epsilon Plus said:

Looks like according to this heated wheel still might be on your menu:

https://gmauthority.com/blog/2021/11/these-gmc-models-will-get-limited-heated-seat-availability/

Good find! Thanks for this. So the heated steering wheel should still be there, but a good chance the heated seats will be deleted. I can actually live with that since aftermarket heated seats are pretty cheap/easy to install. 

23 hours ago, Brummie99 said:

In another thread, it said $500 credit for the heated/cooled seats and $150 credit for heated steering. I'm looking at another in transit right now but a different dealer. They're expecting it in late November- early December. I'd rather get that one which has the heated options, albeit not the color I want, than wait for mine. I just don't want to lose the deposit I already paid.

Just got a call from the dealer of the in-transit truck. They are offering $35k on my truck. Lower than I had hoped, but doable. However, the kicker was, there is a +$10k "market adjustment" on the new truck.

I immediately said no and wrapped up the call. Called back 2 minutes later. The adjustment had dropped to $6k. Still, no way I'm paying that premium.

So, back to hurry up and wait. I'm in 2 minds whether to cancel and wait for things to calm down, but then I lose my $1,000 deposit.

Edit to name & shame: The dealer is Starling Chevrolet in Orlando.

Edited by Brummie99
Name & shame.

7 minutes ago, Brummie99 said:

Just got a call from the dealer of the in-transit truck. They are offering $35k on my truck. Lower than I had hoped, but doable. However, the kicker was, there is a +$10k "market adjustment" on the new truck.

I immediately said no and wrapped up the call. Called back 2 minutes later. The adjustment had dropped to $6k. Still, no way I'm paying that premium.

So, back to hurry up and wait. I'm in 2 minds whether to cancel and wait for things to calm down, but then I lose my $1,000 deposit.

Edit to name & shame: The dealer is Starling Chevrolet in Orlando.

When you ordered the truck did you get an agreed upon price when you put this "non' refundable deposit down? I'd walk away if my dealer tried that shady bullshit and I'd sure as hell get refunded my deposit.

19 minutes ago, ~Wicked~ said:

When you ordered the truck did you get an agreed upon price when you put this "non' refundable deposit down? I'd walk away if my dealer tried that shady bullshit and I'd sure as hell get refunded my deposit.

My original order was with a local dealer and I did get a price agreed. I even confirmed that the price on the order was the final price. This is the one I paid the deposit to. That one is still in 1100 status. No idea when that will arrive.

The latest shenanigans were for a truck I found on the Chevy web site. The advertised price both on Chevy and the dealer web site made no mention of the "market adjustment". That was only revealed after I sent them my truck details to get a trade value. I have not paid them anything.

Edited by Brummie99
Clarification

1 hour ago, Brummie99 said:

My original order was with a local dealer and I did get a price agreed. I even confirmed that the price on the order was the final price. This is the one I paid the deposit to. That one is still in 1100 status. No idea when that will arrive.

The latest shenanigans were for a truck I found on the Chevy web site. The advertised price both on Chevy and the dealer web site made no mention of the "market adjustment". That was only revealed after I sent them my truck details to get a trade value. I have not paid them anything.

I could see charging a "market adjustment" to a buyer from outside the local area I.E. someone that's not gonna return to have service done or buy another vehicle but if they are just trying to make a big make up because of the times......screw them, they would loss my business forever.

16 hours ago, ~Wicked~ said:

I could see charging a "market adjustment" to a buyer from outside the local area I.E. someone that's not gonna return to have service done or buy another vehicle but if they are just trying to make a big make up because of the times......screw them, they would loss my business forever.

We are not local, although both in FL. My beef is more that they didn't tell me about the price hike until I had gone through sending them pictures of my trade. It is deceitful and clearly price gouging. The mark-up should be clear on their web site.

I saw this at another dealer in Tennessee but they at least showed it on their web site as "Dealer installed accessories". When I looked at the detail, it stated market adjustment.

1 hour ago, Brummie99 said:

We are not local, although both in FL. My beef is more that they didn't tell me about the price hike until I had gone through sending them pictures of my trade. It is deceitful and clearly price gouging. The mark-up should be clear on their web site.

I saw this at another dealer in Tennessee but they at least showed it on their web site as "Dealer installed accessories". When I looked at the detail, it stated market adjustment.

Wait it out for the one you dealed on. At least is yours and guarenteed. Dealers are garbage and will trick you at every opportunity. I can't wait until their business model fails in the future and is replaced by the Tesla system (if the lobbyists don't prevail).

Anyhoo,

Don't trade and get gouged by the dealer. Sell to Carvana/GMTV/Vroom...etc. Yeah, yeah the "tax" value. You'll end up getting what you would have saved in tax with the higher price. Not only that, but depending on your tax situation, you'll likely be able to write off the sales tax paid on the new truck.

Case in point, local dealer tried to offer 54k on my RAM. Carvana 44k (lol). Vroom 61.5k. Sold to GMTV for 62k. Taxes on my new ordered truck at 8.1% will be just under 4k. Add 4k to 54k trade in and I would have shorted myself 4k plus lost the write off.

Edited by Epsilon Plus
Maff

First time ordering. Couple dealers I'm in talks with. One wants a $3,000 deposit and for me to sign a  .pdf printout of the online order build I sent them.

$3,000 is pretty steep on a deposit. Other dealer says $0, but mine was flagged and dude said $1,000 deposit required by GM because the color is new and they haven't seen it yet to show anyone and don't know if I'll like it (Greenstone). Sounds to me like it's more of a dealer $1,000 deposit. Can't see GM forcing deposit on a dealer.

Anyway, the real question is did any of you get a written purchase agreement or any time of written document stating price or set fees? Did any of you just deposit and cross fingers?

I don't think there's anything legally keeping them from raising dealer fees or adding wild markup just days before delivery after waiting weeks and weeks and weeks. There's Jalopnik articles about the exact thing happening to Bronco reservists.

I loathe car dealers. Absolutely hate just everything about their slimly underhanded BS. Since I can't order directly from Chevrolet, I am stuck dealing with snakes.

What say the peanut gallery?

Thanks.

1 hour ago, Epsilon Plus said:

First time ordering. Couple dealers I'm in talks with. One wants a $3,000 deposit and for me to sign a  .pdf printout of the online order build I sent them.

$3,000 is pretty steep on a deposit. Other dealer says $0, but mine was flagged and dude said $1,000 deposit required by GM because the color is new and they haven't seen it yet to show anyone and don't know if I'll like it (Greenstone). Sounds to me like it's more of a dealer $1,000 deposit. Can't see GM forcing deposit on a dealer.

Anyway, the real question is did any of you get a written purchase agreement or any time of written document stating price or set fees? Did any of you just deposit and cross fingers?

I don't think there's anything legally keeping them from raising dealer fees or adding wild markup just days before delivery after waiting weeks and weeks and weeks. There's Jalopnik articles about the exact thing happening to Bronco reservists.

I loathe car dealers. Absolutely hate just everything about their slimly underhanded BS. Since I can't order directly from Chevrolet, I am stuck dealing with snakes.

What say the peanut gallery?

Thanks.

When I ordered, they wanted a $1,000 non-refundable deposit.

I gave them my build from the web build. They entered into the ordering system and gave me a copy of the order including pricing (base price plus all options and total).

A couple of weeks later, I called to modify the order (went from LT to LTZ). My order number remained the same but never got confirmation until I went in to the dealership and got a printout of the revised order.

I don't know whether changing the order would have reset my place in line.

On 11/17/2021 at 3:25 PM, Epsilon Plus said:

I'm in talks right now trying to get a Greenwood Metallic 2022 Silverado Crew Cab/Std-Bed Gas WT in. Convenience, Safety Confidence (for the 4.2" DIC screen), power fold mirrors, cab lights, brake controller and 18s as only options. Mid January would be cool but I've been telling people who ask that I would not be surprised to hear 6-8 months with all the craziness going on.

Basic trucks like ours are probably getting shelved for High Country and Denali/AT4s. Although, I could see them pushing ours out since they are quick and basic and need less chips. I dunno.

I'm half expecting to be told the power fold mirrors/cab lights/brake controller/4.2" screen, basically all the things I selected will be restricted and un-orderable because of chips if not the Green paint.

Time till tell. Good luck.

Curios why you don't go with the custom model? It'll add the bed liner which is nice,  plow prep and tow prep. 

3 hours ago, CFRED70 said:

Where do you find the list of what status your truck is.  I ordered, and truck is 3000, but was told build date is expected the week of 12/20....just wondering what numbers tell me what status the truck is.  Thanks

https://gmauthority.com/blog/gm-order-tracking/gm-order-event-codes-and-definitions/

• 2 weeks later...

I am in the Austin, TX area, a lot of the dealers here are doing the $10k market adjustment. There are a couple of large GM dealers in North Austin, Covert wanted to add a $10k market adjustment, Nyle Maxwell is selling at Sticker, unless you are not from the general area. I am new to the area so I ordered mine from Nyle Maxwell, I have bought 22 vehicles in the last 10 years when I was in San Antonio, therefore I will be moving all my business to Nyle Maxwell. On a side note, I have had 10 ford trucks, never a GM, the local ford dealers near me are also adding a market adjustment, so I am moving from Ford to GM based on the dealer.

i got my 2022 LT 2500 last month for MSRP minus $1000 costco and $500 to finance with them ( GM beat my credit unions interest rate anyway).....San Diego dealership......but yeah most dealers wanted 5-10k markup

had almost 3k equity in 2021 gmc i traded to them, but i had to tell them i will gladly drive home if they dont want my truck for market value....its always a hassle with dealerships, even if its small there is always an '' issue"......

i had to wait for this truck to arrive, build date 9/21 and i picked it up a day or so after it arrived at store.....they had 3 total and all presold right off the transit truck

Edited by Dunn