In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

Manual Seats vs Power Seats

4 hours ago, Dunn said:

sorry man i dont want to lose my setting, took me forever to find it......not the easiest trucks to be comfortable in, but for sure its minimum of 1.5 inches in height and probably closer to 2" and seat goes way forward.........i also have 2500 so am not sure if its exactly same as 1500s but sure feels like my 2019.......you can go sit in any new truck with power seats it will be same, doesnt have to be trailboss

like Transient said buy LTZ or HC and just throw factory lift on with your choice of tires.....or sell your stock LTZ wheels and throw on TB wheels (moneywise a wash)......the lifts on these are really basic not much to them and run about $1700 installed if thats the route you wanna go.....

Not a problem I completley understand. My wife wife works a lot of hours and takes emergeny call. The two closest dealers have no trucks in stock at all, not just no Trail Bosses. With my pending deployment neither of us has a ton of free tome for a 4 round trip. 

But we think if its 2” high with power it will be plenty for her. Thank you!

1 hour ago, AtomicYJ said:

Not a problem I completley understand. My wife wife works a lot of hours and takes emergeny call. The two closest dealers have no trucks in stock at all, not just no Trail Bosses. With my pending deployment neither of us has a ton of free tome for a 4 round trip. 

But we think if its 2” high with power it will be plenty for her. Thank you!

it will be plenty.....it has alot of range, if i set it to top setting i feel like i am sitting on roof of my truck...the steering wheel is telescoping and tilts as well.....idk if they do in custom

You could always get a seat cushion. My wife has some that are three inches thick. Her 11 year old Genesis leather seat looks new from using one. My wife is tiny. She can drive my truck if needed. I don’t buy my personal vehicles based on that. In a pinch she could though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15 hours ago, Dunn said:

it will be plenty.....it has alot of range, if i set it to top setting i feel like i am sitting on roof of my truck...the steering wheel is telescoping and tilts as well.....idk if they do in custom

In my CTB the steering column manually tilts but doesn‘t telescope. And it was an option in the convience package I believe.

18 hours ago, KARNUT said:

You could always get a seat cushion. My wife has some that are three inches thick. Her 11 year old Genesis leather seat looks new from using one. My wife is tiny. She can drive my truck if needed. I don’t buy my personal vehicles based on that. In a pinch she could though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We‘ll probably do this for a bit. We‘re going to trade for a crew cab, but can’t find one optioned how we want. Looks like we have to order

Edited by AtomicYJ
grammar
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, AtomicYJ said:

In my CTB the steering column manually tilts but doesn‘t telescope. And it was an option in the convience package I believe.

Standard steering column  by trim,  no options/upgrades listed 

WT, Custom,  Custom_TB

N33    Steering column, Tilt-Wheel, manual with wheel locking security feature                    

LT,   RST,   LT_TB, LTZ, HC

N37    Steering column, manual tilt and telescoping             

Convenience package on Custom and CTB

PCX    Custom Convenience Package, includes (BTV) Remote Start with (UTJ) content theft alarm, (C49) rear-window defogger, (UF2) bed LED cargo area lighting and (QT5) EZ Lift power lock and release tailgate                      

• Like 1