2020 1500 Sierra rear suspension bottoms out hard

I've cut the bump stops too.

I lowered my truck 3in in the rear and I cut 1.5in off my bump stops to give me the extra room. Should have no problem cutting the bottom part of the bump stop off to give more room.

No doubt slowing down for every bump I travel over will solve the bottoming out problem. If i was driving a sports car or something similar, i would bottom out if i drove too fast over the bumps. But, i didn't buy a sports car, i bought a truck with an off road package.

Off road means lots of bumps so why build a suspension like a car??? In any case, i am going to solve the problem myself, as i give up on GM doing anything about it. I've been driving trucks for 50+ years and this is the first truck i buy that bottoms out all the time with no load in the box.

15 hours ago, Silverado4x4 said:

You DO NOT want to cut the bump stops to shorten them as they are there to prevent the shocks from bottoming out which will lead to broken shocks or mounts. 

Okay.

I did it and have no issues. Done it on my 2012 and 2016 trucks with the same 3in rear drop. The bump stop is still there, just less of it. You should see the bump stops they supply in lowering kits that completely remove the factory bump stop and make you chop the bracket off the frame.