In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

Clunking Sound ? and slight vibration !

Hello everyone ! Looking for some advise or thought on my problem . I have a 18 Sierra Crew cab with about 6000 miles on truck. I'm getting a slight vibration on wheel and fell vibration in seat. I also get a scaping / clunking sound coming from under truck. I'm aware of tbs for Triple Flush I had Triple Flush done to truck when I was only feeling vibration no clunking sound and about 800 miles ago. Vibration was even less then than now .I just wanted new / correct fluid in tranny . Question is could this be just a bad universal or some thing else besides tranny. Clunking noise is bugging me more that vibration .I was thinking of putting in Range Device that I have for a car in storage and see what happens with that plugged in. I was able a to get audio of sound on my iphone to take to dealer just in case it doesn't do it when they take for test drive. Thoughts ? Thanks in advance for replies.

Are your rpms fluctuating while the truck vibrates? The flush fixes that but if your still getting a slight vibration and clunk you could try a flush with amsoil atf. Thats what I did with mine and it has worked wonders so far. 

I haven't noticed rpm's fluctuating . I will check out next time driving truck. Thanks for replying. 

Is clunking sound part of symptoms of shudder / tranny problem ? All I have read about Shudder is vibration, feeling of driving over rumble strip , rpm's fluctuating nothing about clunking sound. Hoping clunking / vibration is a less server problem such as bad  ujoint / driveshaft etc. Thought ?

Edited by Borntorun

• 2 weeks later...

take to a tuner and have him tune the transmission and do a before and after data scan.  GM's new transmission hardware is great, it's the software that  is the problem,  its great for sipping fuel and good mpg, but long term durability is lacking you'll be lucky to make 100,000 miles stock tune , a reliable trans tune will cure the problems your having to experience  with vibes  and a lugging motor. dont forget to do the trans  re-learn after the tune or a flush..

many owners before you lost thier minds chasing vibrations, by replacing everything that spins on these trucks, only to find out it still shook and vibed...lol

Edited by flyingfool
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Update for anyone that's interested , I took truck to dealer and they re - torque both frame cross member and lower control arm bolts. No more clunking / scaping sounds or vibration  ! . 

• Like 1