No rear cup holders in 2021 2500 LT???

2020 you could get bucket seats in LT, in 2021 you cant....even in 1500 you can't either I think.....that package got you rear cup holders along with 2 in rear...

On 7/6/2021 at 7:19 AM, nards444 said:

my 21 2500 has front bucket seats

really?.....in an LT

on build site there is no option for them that i saw unless its part of new black edition they just came out with or something

EDIT: never mind i see it now, its GMC SLE i was thinking of....my bad

Edited by Dunn

I noticed I didn't get rear storage or cup holders in my 21 2500 custom either. I found a guy selling the rear seats of his silverado and picked up just the back. It included the storage cubbies and armrest/cup holders. I think I paid him like 180 bucks or something. And it took like 1 min to switch out. Three bolts and push two hinges. Super easy. Look online or locally for one. 

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Lack of the cup holders are frustrating as are a few other details.

I had a 2016 2500 WT that had the flip down arm rest in the back seat with cup holders.  Now the lowest trim level to get that feature is the LT and it is an option.  Further, if I recall correctly from the configurator, you have to have convenience package 1 and 2 or 1 with I believe the advanced trailering package.  I believe selecting the optional seat triggers other forced upgrades to be able to get that option.

My 2016 also had the task lights in the mirrors and a 110 outlet.  Both options on the LT and similar forced options before they can be added.

Therefore, my 2022 doesn't have any of the above features that my 2016 WT had.  I ended up with an unspoken for truck the dealer had on order that was already scheduled for production, so I canceled my order and made compromises.

Very happy with the truck, but the missing features from older, lower spec trims is disappointing, but not at all surprising.

Depending on how small the kids are you can easily get cheap 20.00 booster seats, basically a 5” platform, with two built in cup holders. 

my kids learned from the time they were knee high to a duck that they don’t drink in my trucks. And if they ever do, it’s water in a bottle. 

I didn’t even look in the back seat for cup holders when I bought the new truck.