Trucks with bed tents and tonneau covers?

Anyone get a bed tent for their truck and also have a tonneau cover on it? I have a TrailBoss with the 5'8" bed and a Roll-n-Lock tonneau cover. I'm thinking about getting a bed tent (Napier or similar) to do some solo camping this year when the weather gets nicer. Kinda curious if a bed tent will fit if I have a cover on it too?

Are you talking about one of those be tents that you can get through GM Accessories? If so, I'd be concerned about the clamps that hold the tonneau cover mounting rails onto the bed. I think with mine the tent would get torn.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

On 2/10/2021 at 5:32 AM, Transient said:

Are you taking one of those be tents that you can get through GM Accessories

yeah, those are Napier tents. Not sure how they connect inside the tent to the truck, but outside it looks like straps that you tighten down. My real concern is the front of the bed where my tonneau cover rolls up into and if the tent would fit over that.

yeah, those are Napier tents. Not sure how they connect inside the tent to the truck, but outside it looks like straps that you tighten down. My real concern is the front of the bed where my tonneau cover rolls up into and if the tent would fit over that.
Unfortunately, I can't help you with that. I have the sport bar, and I seriously doubt the tent would be usable because of it. It's kinda the same problem as you're considering, but at a larger extent. End result for me is I'm pitching my tent on the ground.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I have the truxedo lopro rollup cover and the napier bed tent and they fit together. The tent fitting over the cover as it rolls up takes a little adjusting but it will work. However, the cover rolled is on a section that unclips and can be taken off and tossed in the back seat to make things easier. 

EF576AC4-56C1-4154-A19C-576521B60DA3.jpeg

FD0A358E-5DEF-4D13-B4FC-45D2B7DD0DDF.jpeg

Edited by Snakes709
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Snakes709 said:

I have the truxedo lopro rollup cover and the napier bed tent and they fit together. The tent fitting over the cover as it rolls up takes a little adjusting but it will work

Cool thanks for the verification! I was wondering if there were two sections of the tent, one that goes over the rails and one the fits inside the bed and are stitched together. My Roll-n-lock won't come off quite as easily, so I'll have to keep it on.

21 minutes ago, BossTaco2020 said:

Cool thanks for the verification! I was wondering if there were two sections of the tent, one that goes over the rails and one the fits inside the bed and are stitched together. My Roll-n-lock won't come off quite as easily, so I'll have to keep it on.

I believe its 2 sections sewed together.  It will fit over the rails and roll up section, just wont be as clean looking. In the picture above, the roll up section and rails are still in place. 

Edited by Snakes709

• 2 years later...

I haven't tried this specific mod, but swapping exhaust tips can often work if the diameter is similar. It might be worth giving it a shot since it's a cool upgrade. Worst case, you can return it if it doesn't fit. Then you can get another one at Rooftop Tents For Sale, as they have a wide range of sizes. Good luck with the project!

Edited by BroseVino