In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

ArkChevy

2021 Silverado 2500 LT Front License Plate Bracket Removal??

So just picked up my new truck on Friday. I'm in Arkansas but purchased from a dealer in TX.  I believe TX requires plate on front and back.  AR only requires on the back. Anyway, I was looking at removing the front plate bracket that the TX dealer installed I believe but it looks like its riveted on.  Can anyone else confirm?  I assume if I remove it I'll have 2 holes in the lower plastic grill?   Anyway, I haven't messed with it yet really, just looked at it to see what was involved.  

Thanks! 

Yes, rivets.  You will have to drill them out.  

If they put it on like my dealer did, you can just rip it right off by hand.  The holes you can't see without getting on the ground to look up.  

2 hours ago, XY74 said:

If they put it on like my dealer did, you can just rip it right off by hand.  The holes you can't see without getting on the ground to look up.  

It is a little loose when I move the bracket around. Hmmm :)

Mine actually came with the bracket still in a bag in the back seat. Yes, it is riveted. For that reason I made the dealer install it as I'm in an area where cops will go out of their way to ticket you for "no front plate".

drill out the rivets, that's the right way to do it. However you will have two holes in your front bumper to cover up. 

My Sierra also came from Texas and when we moved to Oklahoma, I removed my front license plate bracket. Mine was so poorly installed, had four rivets and was even mounted off-center by several inches that I decided to replace the valence panel (part that surrounds the tow hooks). This was not a simple task but in the end, it turned out like new. This is a picture of the old valance after the bracket was removed.

2020-GMC-Sierra-2500HD-AT4-Grill.jpeg

Edited by Bob Riley