In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

2019 2020 Silverado 6.2 Supercharger Build

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/3/2021 at 10:50 AM, darkhorse220 said:

I'm not worried about warranty. Id rather build it my way. If i blow an engine, just a great excuse to pull it and build it back bulletproof. And still cheaper than callaway/hennessey. To each their own tho.

HP tuners ecm is on the way. Ill probably get the Whipple on in the next few weeks. 

You sent HP Tuners a new ECM and kept your original, right?  What did you do to the ECM prior to shipping it to them?  Their instructions refer to performing the Replace ECM Function in VCM Scanner for the stock ECM.  Was this something you needed to do to the new ECM you sent them?

On 4/10/2021 at 10:58 AM, AEmedic said:

You sent HP Tuners a new ECM and kept your original, right?  What did you do to the ECM prior to shipping it to them?  Their instructions refer to performing the Replace ECM Function in VCM Scanner for the stock ECM.  Was this something you needed to do to the new ECM you se

On 4/10/2021 at 10:58 AM, AEmedic said:

You sent HP Tuners a new ECM and kept your original, right?  What did you do to the ECM prior to shipping it to them?  Their instructions refer to performing the Replace ECM Function in VCM Scanner for the stock ECM.  Was this something you needed to do to the new ECM you sent them?

nt them?

I sent HP the new ecm. You have to give them your VIN. They unlock it and send back. Nothing needs to be done on the ecm before sending. Its an exchange, you dont get the exact one you send them back anyways. To finish the process, once you get the ecm back, you use the vcm scanner, download the info off the stock ecm, peform the physical swap, and re-upload. 

16 minutes ago, darkhorse220 said:

I sent HP the new ecm. You have to give them your VIN. They unlock it and send back. Nothing needs to be done on the ecm before sending. Its an exchange, you dont get the exact one you send them back anyways. To finish the process, once you get the ecm back, you use the vcm scanner, download the info off the stock ecm, peform the physical swap, and re-upload. 

Thank you, that is what I thought but just wanted to ask anyway.

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone have any custom tuning they would be willing to share? Whipple and ProCharger supply a canned tune, but they are limited/minimal to stay within emissions regs. Obviously a tune is specific to vehicle, just figured it may be worth an ask and more discussion. May even need a new post instead of under this one.

On 4/23/2021 at 4:03 AM, darkhorse220 said:

Does anyone have any custom tuning they would be willing to share? Whipple and ProCharger supply a canned tune, but they are limited/minimal to stay within emissions regs. Obviously a tune is specific to vehicle, just figured it may be worth an ask and more discussion. May even need a new post instead of under this one.

Having a shared file for your truck would not be a good idea. You really need to get a tune done at a shop to make sure your good to go. 

This might be a dumb question... Should I have the Chevy dealer use my tablet to do the tuning with the HP Tuners software loaded on it to make sure I retain ownership of the credits and the tune? Or, does that really matter?

11 hours ago, Descartian said:

Looking good!  Give us a full report once you get her on the road. 

The 6.2 is pretty awesome naturally aspirated. I had high expectations, and Whipple didnt let me down. The power is pretty crazy, especially in a 4 door pickup. No check engine lights, leaks, or issues whatsoever.

Id say what impresses me just as much as a full throttle pull, is the torque at lower rpms. On the first run, i idled around the neighborhood and barely had to touch the throttle.

Haven't got used to the trans yet. Seemed like it wasnt sure which gear it wanted. Punching it from a 20mph or so roll and she seemed to hesitate on which gear to grab. I havent heard much about tuning the trans yet, but i can see the value of dialing it in. As is will take some getting used to.

• Like 2

Its pretty crazy how many wire harnesses, coolant lines, etc are crammed into the engine bay. I organized mine best i could, but theres just a lot in there.

Going to add a couple more lines with a catch can too.

Anyone mess with the trans tuning yet?

• 2 weeks later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By 17Sierra1500
      Long story short, I think I need to buy springs but don't know which ones to select. RockAuto has 27 different "GM Genuine" coil springs for a 2017 GMC Sierra with 6.2L engine.

I am wanting to match the spring rate of a 2017 GMC Sierra SLT CrewCab 4x4 6.2L.  If someone has this exact truck, maybe they could post their RPO codes please? Or maybe, hopefully, someone has a better idea to get this info?

The long story (if you care to read on) is I have the 2017 GMC Sierra Denali CrewCab 4x4 6.2L with MagneRide shocks & struts.  The truck has just under 60K miles and the ride quality has degraded over time. I know at least 1 shock is bad due to it leaking, no codes have been thrown on the dash.  Due to the mileage and the expense of the MagneRide shocks, I am pursuing replacing them all with conventional shocks and at the same time, getting my truck level.

Several options on the market claiming great ride quality but I'm leaning towards the Bilstein 5100's that I've had on past trucks or the Eibach ProTruck kit E80-23-006-02-22 for $704 that sound great too but I'll need to buy strut mounts and deal with compressing those beasts (others have had issues). Or possibly the RoughCountry E2 loaded struts #501029 - inexpensive but not sure on ride quality + reliability or maybe even Fox 2.0's if I can find them for a good price.  I would even consider the Belltech coilovers #15102 for $650 /pair if I could find someone running them with a positive review.

If/since my MagneRide coil springs aren't the same/compatible, with some kits including the Bilsteins, I'll need to buy new springs, which isn't a huge deal since they aren't too expensive - some as low as $34.  I know Eibach's kit comes with springs included but it appears they have a higher spring rate for trucks with extra weight on the front of their trucks.

Of course, I'll need to deal with the MRC electronics, cheapest I've found is https://www.magdelete.com/collections/sierra-1500 and I may end up just getting the entire kit from him but don't know which springs are used with his either...

It does make some sense that there are so many different GM Genuine coil springs due to there being 3 different engines available, 3 different cab sizes and 4 different trims...

I do zero off-roading or towing and am just looking for a nice street ride with a leveled look.

I welcome input on anything I've said but I'm mainly looking for the proper conventional OEM spring that will match best with my truck.

• By Damnali
      My trucks going in for open heart surgery in a month. DOD delete, tsp stage 2 L83/5.3 cam in my L86/6.2. I eventually would love to put a blower on it. I drive the truck frequently and don’t want to do too big of a cam where I’ll have to change my torque converter. Will I get away with a L83 stage 3 cam with my stock converter or should I stick to the stage 2. Specs are 5.3L Stage 2 Camshaft w/ +32% Fuel Lobe: 218/226, 635", 113 LSA, 109 ICL

All my mods will be intake, portable TB, (hopefully have my heads ported when it goes in for dod delete and cam) LT4 injectors, 1-7/8 long tube hears, off-road y-pipe. I’ll have a 3.5” electric cut out followed by stock exhaust for now. 

Trucks reverse level and blocks removed. 22x12 -51 285/35r22 no trimming or cutting

• By PacksAWallop
      Unfortunately this is my first post here.  But thought my info would be helpful to others.  My new 2022 GMC Sierra 1500 AT4 Limited with the 6.2 has been in the shop for a couple days due to lifter failure.  The truck had right at 6,000 miles on it when the lifter collapsed and bent a push rod.  I called the dealer for an update, and they said parts should be in in the next day or two, then they'll replace the affected bank of lifters.....  I asked why they won't replace both banks since the failure occurred in less than 8,000 miles?  They told me that particular TSB procedure stopped at the 2021 model year.  The 2022's will only have the affected bank side replaced even if failure occurs in under 8,000 miles on your brand new truck.  I've opened a case with GM directly to try and get both banks replaced since the parts still seem to be substandard.  I don't want to be pulling my camper with my family, and have the truck fail on me again because they only replaced half of the defective parts.  I can't even get a loaner from the dealership while the truck is being fixed.  

Aside from this current headache, I absolutely love our new truck.  No plans on getting rid of it, I just want it fixed the right way with parts that aren't inferior.

Edit:  The truck has a build date of 12/21.  Unsure of engine build date, but have to imagine it's close to the truck's build date.
    • By BlackBearPerf
      It is taking a long time to get superchargers. We have one in stock ready to ship. The customer who ordered it canceled at the last minute because of the wait time. But now we have it and it's ready to go!

Whipple kit Truck/SUV - 2004-2006 4.8L/5.3L/6.0L.

Here is the link to it on our website.

http://store.blackbearperformance.c...23L-TruckSUV--2004-2006-48L53L60L_p_1359.html
    • By Brett Boyd
      This past Friday morning went and started my truck to get warm came back about 5-10 minutes later with the truck off lights still on and it’s throwing engine reduced power and p0641 code. Truck won’t turn over at all. Any ideas or tips? Thank you in advance