2013 GMC Sierra Drivers Door Dome Light Switch Not Working

SYMPTOMS ..........

Opening driver door does not activate the dome light.

After closing the door, the stereo and dash lights remain on for 20 minutes.

The passenger side door works correctly, and turns on dome light as it should.

I have tried the brightness switch on the dash to no avail.

I was told on another site that the dome light switch on the driver side is built into the door latch. I purchased and installed a new door latch, but it still does not work.

Can someone here point me in a direction to get this solved?

I know there are some smart guys on here that probably know what's going on with this thing.

IMG_1804.JPG

It sounds like you have a stuck or sticking dome light switch.  Remove the door panel and spray with WD40 or PB.  Also make sure your dome light over ride switch is set to where it needs to be.  I know you said it comes on with the passenger door, but just make sure.  If you have replaced the drivers door control module I am pretty sure you have to reprogram that, but you will have to check further into that, as I dont have your year body style.

Oh, thank you for that info. I had no idea it has to be programmed. I will ask my dealer about that.

You mentioned the Dome Light Switch. We have looked and looked for that switch, but have not been able to find it. I did see the little plastic arm looking thing on the rear door that pushes in when you close the driver door though. Is that the dome light switch?

We have checked the dome over ride switch many times.

I wish someone would chime in here that knows for sure because I hate having to turn off the radio every time I get out of my truck ..... LOL

3 hours ago, Sharpz said:

https://www.amazon.com/ACDelco-D6066-Original-Equipment-Switch/dp/B000C9QJLI

This would be the type switch. I am not sure if its the one for your year truck or not

Thanks for the response. No, there is not a switch like that anywhere on the door. I am baffled as to where it could be. Amazon even says it doesn't fit my truck. 

Screen Shot 2021-02-19 at 4.49.20 PM.png

Okay since I dont have the truck year that you do, I did some research.  Your switch/sensor is built into the door latch assembly/actuator there are several youtube videos that describe the change out, but I cant find any for your specific year. If it is new then it should have taken care of your problem. Spraying up the lock assembly and cables, cant hurt anything.  The odd part is you are not getting a driver door ajar message.  I would think that would be one of the symptoms of a bad switch. 

That's what I thought too, why does it not alert me of Door Ajar. Like I was saying, I did install a brand new door latch actuator also. I find it odd that when I went to the dealer yesterday, they couldn't answer my question either.I was hoping someone here could report with similar issues they've had. The electric door lock works just fine on all doors with both the remote and Manually. 

Edited by ChevyTuff

• 2 years later...