In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

Footwell interior light install

I saw a similar post regarding the Opt7 Aura kit, which is what I’m installing, but none of those ports worked for me. I’m in a 2017 Sierra SLT Z71 and have the lights fully working besides the door open wire which needs to be connected to something that turns on when the doors are open or when the interior dome lights are turned on. Any suggestions would be great. 

I’m not sure if this is true but it looked like some wire ports are in different locations between the 2017 and the 2014-2016 considering the posts I have seen for this install have been from non 2017’s and above. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Monztruz
      I have a 03 Sierra and installed a LED light bar with dedicated harness from the battery to a switch inside the Cab. So my light bar ran perfect and then I started noticing when I turned them off, they would still flicker. So I bought a Load Equalizer and installed that in line close to the light bar and screw it to the frame. I go to turn my lights on and now they flicker while ON but turn off fine. This might be stupid simple but could that mean the Equalizer is bad? My connections are pretty solid.
    • By Montcrw
      Anyone heard of adding adaptive headlights (headlights that move with steering Input) to the 2015-2019 suburban? Is it as simple as switching the headlight assembly, or do additional modifications need to be made?  
    • By ForwardJulio
      I just bought a boat I need to know how many pins do I buy the plug for. The trailer has 3 female and 1 male. But the round one that plugs into my 2020 1500 high country does anyone know which one it takes ? 
    • By ThatWideCateye
      Hello, I noticed on my 2004 Chevy Silverado 2500hd 6.0 the brake lights were out. Looking further into it it’s only while the headlights are on and the truck is running, all is working fine while truck is off. As soon as I start the truck the brake lights work until I turn on the headlights, then they fade off like they loose power. The turn signals work fine either way and they are on the same led. I’m confused, I can’t find anything wrong. Thanks in advance!
    • By LedzepJ
      Hi all, my 2016 1500 chevy silverado lt had 3 door lock actuators were inoperable or making noise. Common issue,ordered 4 new lock acuators from Gruven parts and put 3 in. They work great but noticed drivers door when opening or closing will not turn on or turn off interior lights and also radio stays on when closing door. Sounds like a bad door switch to me which is in the latch I believe. Thinking I caused the problem since it worked fine before. Went back in the latch and all looks fine. Was hoping to see a gear out of place or something, but looks ok. Anyone have some insight on this. Maybe a door schematic you can share to check the wiring. Thank you in advance