In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

mcgee500

120v outlet in bed

On 2/21/2021 at 8:52 AM, Vmax08 said:

I tried to start my 5hp snow blower with electric start...no go. 😞 

Don't know how many watts it takes but I found out it's too many!

Thought it would be handy to be able to use the electric starter rather than pull start. 

Tried the same, no go.

On 2/21/2021 at 3:24 PM, mcgee500 said:

So I see it's near useless. I'm guess there must be a power inverter somewhere in the truck I wonder if that could be switched for a bigger unit. Any ideas where GM put it????

This is what I want to know! Would love to swap it for a 2kw inverter and maybe tie in a second battery.

On 2/20/2021 at 3:47 PM, mcgee500 said:

So what can we run with that outlet. I can't find anywhere in my owners manual how many amp, watts anything. Will that plug run my circular saw. Even the dealer wasn't sure about the bed plug, he said the one on the lower dash would run a charger for a laptop but not a coffee maker.

3.3 amps. so you can power electronics, not anything with a motor or large heating element.

I plugged a slow cooker on "low" once in the cab, it worked. Also works for air mattress inflator. 

Anything more serious that that, better get a generator.