Car seats in extended cab

What’s up, guys and girls?!

I’m in need of some advice, here. My wife bought a Greco car seat. It’s a rear and forward facing car seat. Turns into a booster and what not.

I have a double cab, and I’m pretty sure this thing won’t fit. What all do you have in your double cabs that are rear and forward facing and won’t break the bank?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know it's not the same, since I'm still in the baby carrier stage but we put it in the middle of the rear. It juts a bit over the center console but not bad and honestly he likes being able to look up and back and see me.

We have the britax Endeavors carrier.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I know it's not the same, since I'm still in the baby carrier stage but we put it in the middle of the rear. It juts a bit over the center console but not bad and honestly he likes being able to look up and back and see me.

We have the britax Endeavors carrier.

Appreciate the input. We’ve got the Graco carrier and I keep it on the passenger side. But once he’s too big, I’ll need the new one. Lol

Hopefully I can use both for the next one, too.

19 hours ago, FootballCoach53 said:

I’m in need of some advice, here. My wife bought a Greco car seat. It’s a rear and forward facing car seat. Turns into a booster and what not.

I have a double cab, and I’m pretty sure this thing won’t fit. What all do you have in your double cabs that are rear and forward facing and won’t break the bank?

When the seat is "rear-facing," this will be the awkward period for your DC.  As far as "breaking the bank," couldn't tell you, my kids went through that phase YEARS ago.

Appreciate the input. We’ve got the Graco carrier and I keep it on the passenger side. But once he’s too big, I’ll need the new one. Lol

Hopefully I can use both for the next one, too.

Keep an eye out on slickdeals.com. Car seat deals pop up on there fairly often. Just makes sure it's new and from a reputable store.

Graco is a good brand and usually fairly inexpensive from what we've looked seen. We almost got a graco travel system but I ultimately liked the folding and single brake on the britax stroller more. We paid for that "upgrade" though. The graco would have done fine in the end.

On 3/8/2021 at 10:10 PM, FootballCoach53 said:

Child In A Car Seat, 1950's : TheWayWeWere

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, swathdiver said:

Child In A Car Seat, 1950's : TheWayWeWere

people talk about the good old days, then I see stuff like this and it just boggles my mind how stupid we were back then. how does this remotely seem like a good idea? lol

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, djw88 said:

people talk about the good old days, then I see stuff like this and it just boggles my mind how stupid we were back then. how does this remotely seem like a good idea? lol

Well, when the alternative was to hold the kid in your lap or let them roll around the back seat, this at least keeps them in one place while you ate your hamburger or read the map.   I'm always amazed by the shock and disgust people have about how "dangerous" and "irresponsible" people were in the old days.  I'm not even that old.  In another 60 or 70 years what you think is safe and reasonable (hand-driving a big, gas-drinking truck with only 1 dozen airbags for one) will probably seem preposterous.  

The fact is that things will progress as our needs, knowledge, technology, and values change. 

#gottastartsomewhere

Edited by papageoff
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, papageoff said:

Well, when the alternative was to hold the kid in your lap or let them roll around the back seat, this at least keeps them in one place while you ate your hamburger or read the map.   I'm always amazed by the shock and disgust people have about how "dangerous" and "irresponsible" people were in the old days.  I'm not even that old.  In another 60 or 70 years what you think is safe and reasonable (hand-driving a big, gas-drinking truck with only 1 dozen airbags for one) will probably seem preposterous.  

The fact is that things will progress as our needs, knowledge, technology, and values change. 

#gottastartsomewhere

correct, makes me glad i live in the time i do now.

its good that we can look back and say WTF were we thinking, means we have made progress.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, djw88 said:

Far fewer distracted and incompetent drivers.

There once was a time when one had to go to the fair to see the fat lady, now just look anywhere, everywhere.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, djw88 said:

They weren't stupid, we stand on their shoulders.  Last time I checked, the stats between then and now weren't all that different with regards to child injuries and deaths.  There was no way my mother was going to strap me down into a car seat when I was a kid.  We used to sit on the door sill and hang outside, constantly jump back and forth over the bench seat and warm our bare feet on the transmission tunnel after pressing our ears to it to listen to the driveline do its magic.  Riding in the back of the pickup was even more fun.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, swathdiver said:

They weren't stupid, we stand on their shoulders.  Last time I checked, the stats between then and now weren't all that different with regards to child injuries and deaths.  There was no way my mother was going to strap me down into a car seat when I was a kid.  We used to sit on the door sill and hang outside, constantly jump back and forth over the bench seat and warm our bare feet on the transmission tunnel after pressing our ears to it to listen to the driveline do its magic.  Riding in the back of the pickup was even more fun.  

thats incorrect. between 1960-1990 child deaths ages 5-14 in car accidents were reduced by almost 50%

sorry OP i didnt mean for this to start to take over your post. i will no longer respond.

Edited by djw88
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

I’ve got a graco 4ever does rear and forward and booster so most likely the same massive size as yours, and a double cab, I tried in the middle but. Couldn’t get what I felt was it secured down enough therefore it’s on the passenger side using the uas latch or whatever. If you want a picture of the fitment lemme know

• Like 1

The last time my Wife was hauling the Granddaughter around in my 2018 Dbl. cab I couldn't get the Graco seat to strap down tight enough. I took a ratchet strap and cinched that thing so tight it couldn't move. I also put a blanket under the seat so it wouldn't wreck the seat

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

• Like 1