In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

I have a 2019 SLT without the NHT/Max Tow, but with the Z82 trailering package, factory trailer brake controller, trailering app, and the IOT radio.  The truck did not come with the trailer TPMS; not only did it not come with the sensor, but it also didn't come with the module that goes behind the rear license plate.  Not realizing that a separate module was needed, I ordered the sensors first.  That obviously did nothing, as the truck did not recognize them.  So I then ordered the module from eBay.  My truck had the wiring harness already ran to module location, so when the module arrived I just plugged it in.  The trailering app immediately recognized the module and gave me an option to set up the trailer TPMS sensors.  No dealer programming necessary.  It was all plug and play.  I had America's Tire install the sensors, and I then used my TPMS tool (Amazon, same one for doing tire rotations) to program them.  It works perfectly.  The trailering app now displays the tire pressure and temperature for all 4 trailer tires.

Just thought I'd put this out there in case anyone is wondering if this can be added.  I read a GM tech article where the writer indicated that it could NOT be added after-the-fact, but that is clearly not the case.

Here were the items I purchased to make it all work:

• Sensors, part #84152501.  $65 new on eBay for a set of 4.
  • Module, part #84458180.  $77 new from GMPartsDirect.com

All-in for about $150.  

• Like 3
On 3/9/2021 at 12:30 AM, bamorris2 said:

I have a 2019 SLT without the NHT/Max Tow, but with the Z82 trailering package, factory trailer brake controller, trailering app, and the IOT radio.  The truck did not come with the trailer TPMS; not only did it not come with the sensor, but it also didn't come with the module that goes behind the rear license plate.  Not realizing that a separate module was needed, I ordered the sensors first.  That obviously did nothing, as the truck did not recognize them.  So I then ordered the module from eBay.  My truck had the wiring harness already ran to module location, so when the module arrived I just plugged it in.  The trailering app immediately recognized the module and gave me an option to set up the trailer TPMS sensors.  No dealer programming necessary.  It was all plug and play.  I had America's Tire install the sensors, and I then used my TPMS tool (Amazon, same one for doing tire rotations) to program them.  It works perfectly.  The trailering app now displays the tire pressure and temperature for all 4 trailer tires.

Just thought I'd put this out there in case anyone is wondering if this can be added.  I read a GM tech article where the writer indicated that it could NOT be added after-the-fact, but that is clearly not the case.

All-in for about $150.  

You have a picture of the installed module? Can one see it by taking the rear plate off?

You have a picture of the installed module? Can one see it by taking the rear plate off?

Sorry I don’t have my truck at the moment. But if you take off your rear license plate, you can quickly and easily tell them if you have the module or not. If you want to post a picture of yours, I can tell you.

Sorry I don’t have my truck at the moment. But if you take off your rear license plate, you can quickly and easily tell them if you have the module or not. If you want to post a picture of yours, I can tell you.

Not my picture, but one I found online. The module is the rectangular box on the right, that says MADE IN UK and SCHRADER ELECTRONICS.

52489a817cb26f0ded58a25fa9bc0d47.jpg

23 minutes ago, bamorris2 said:

Thanks for taking the time.

20210313_151922.jpg

20 minutes ago, bamorris2 said:

Not my picture, but one I found online. The module is the rectangular box on the right, that says MADE IN UK and SCHRADER ELECTRONICS.

52489a817cb26f0ded58a25fa9bc0d47.jpg

Thanks, guess I should have hit refresh before posting!

All-in for about $150.  

Thanks for the info!

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk