Open Door Anti Lock Out setting doesn’t work

I’ve always had this setting off. So by description I should be able to lock the doors with an open door. This little one drives me batshit crazy. My wife takes forever to exit the vehicle and I usually lock the door via the button on the outside handle. So there’s me waiting around like a doofus waiting for her to shut the door so I can lock it.

Has anyone else noticed this? Can someone else verify?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why not just press the interior lock button and listen for the 3 chimes? The doors will automatically lock a few seconds after the last door closes. You'll also get the horn confirmation if you have that setting enabled.

Edited by Jason Pepin

Why not just press the interior lock button and listen for the 3 chimes? The doors will automatically lock a few seconds after the last door closes. You'll also get the horn confirmation if you have that setting enabled.

I didn’t know this was a thing. I’ll try it, but pressing the outside button is definitely a habit at this point

1 minute ago, Controller23 said:

I didn’t know this was a thing. I’ll try it, but pressing the outside button is definitely a habit at this point

Yeah, I'm not sure what happens if you press the outside button before other doors are closed but it definitely works with the inside button. There might be a setting that needs to be enabled in order for this to work but I don't remember for sure.

Just copied this from the manual:

Delayed Locking
If equipped, this feature delays the locking of the doors until five seconds after all doors are closed.
Delayed locking can only be turned on when the Open Door Anti-Lockout feature has been turned off.
When (the lock button) is pressed on the power door lock switch while the door is open, a chime will sound three
times indicating delayed locking is active. The doors will lock automatically five seconds after all doors are
closed. If a door is reopened before that time, the five-second timer will reset when all doors are closed again.

I've been super happy with the new keyless fob and have set up "Passive Auto Lock" (not many people know about this, but if you have the right options it's available in vehicle settings ). My key fob never leaves my pocket so no chance of the truck locking with the fob still inside. 5 seconds after all the doors are shut and you walk away all the doors auto-lock.

This might be a problem for women who tend to keep EVERYTHING in their purses and the truck doesn't warn that the key fob is still in the truck.

I would try it when setting up Passive Auto Lock and you have the spare fob in the house away from the truck.

If everything is working the truck "should" warn you the fob is inside when you shut the door and before auto locking.

Also another hidden gem is the new GM keyless entry Keypad. Check it out at: https://gmauthority.com/blog/2019/11/gm-keyless-entry-keypad-gets-new-design-for-2020-model-year/

A bit pricey at $145 + dealer install, but it would solve many door locking and unlocking problems people seem to have.