21 Sierra or Silverado

Gents - the used market is just too nuts right now so I have switched to new trucks. Looking at a 21 Sierra Elevation with x31 or a 21 Silverado RST with z71.  I know basically same truck except looks. Both 5.3, gm is 10spd auto, chevy is 8spd auto.  Priced pretty close to each other.  

Thoughts on which one or is it really down to my looks preference?

Thanksimage.png.bdd62dd60bb1f507ddb39dbeb48d2e79.png  image.png.aa9bf9e76bccf92a4c3b7c7cdb0380b3.png

Edited by yzinger
added pics

I would go with the 10-speed over the 8-speed The look of the GMC is just better to me but that's all opinion of course. I don't know this for a fact but resale may also be slightly better on the GMC.

• Like 1

I like them both. Have both in the family. I love my Chevy High Country but my stepfathers Sierra SLT is a bit quieter. But from experience I would go with the 10 spd over the 8 spd. 
good luck!

man i sort of agree. I like the RST looks better but I like the 10spd. Especially with the gearing in both at 3.23 (although thats not much higher than 3.42s)

I expect even the 8spd will be fairly snappy with those gears right?

I'm partial to the looks of the GMC myself (yes, I have an RST), and with the added benefit of the 10 spd, I'd be looking at the GMC (all else being equal).

I hope to go see them in person this afternoon. Tell me Jim - why do you like the GM better and also - can you speak to your 8spd RST - has it been good for you? Still lots of get up and go?

Any other options/ equipment differences between the two? Sounds like you’re leaning towards the Chevy. If the 10 speed is the only material difference, not sure you should let that sway you into a truck you don’t like as much.

I have the 10 speed and it’s flawless but my experiences with the 8 speed were good too. Drive both and see.