Jump to content
  • Sign up for FREE! Become a GM-Trucks.com Member Today!

    In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

Recommended Posts

What fifth wheel hitch are you using in a 2500 standard bed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

B&W companion (non-sliding one). No issues towing my cyclone. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, RugbyRef said:

Andersen Ultimate hitch...Andersen Ultimate

 

I've used for the past 6 years with no issues.

Second this!  I find the Anderson hitch much easier to use than traditional.  My truck didn't come with the puck system, so I had Chevy install the gooseneck hitch and bought the gooseneck version of the Anderson hitch.  This avoided installing rails in the bed to keep it clean when I have the hitch out.  It also moves the hitch point back just a bit which helps with turning in the standard bed.

 

Here's a link to the curt hitch.  Since it's sold by Chevy accessories they have a standard labor rate of $200 for install.


https://accessories.chevrolet.com/product/trailering/325k-gooseneck-hitch-with-under-bed-brackets-and-hardware-by-curt™-group-associated-accessories-19419344?year=2020&make=Chevrolet&model=Silverado 2500 HD&modelId=494&body=Crew Cab Pickup&bodyId=22&wheel=Standard Box&wheelId=349&trim=Custom&trimId=125&drive=RWD&driveId=7&engine=6.6L V8 GAS&engineId=17733&bodyNumDoors=5&categoryId=12007

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, 2020-2500 said:

Second this!  I find the Anderson hitch much easier to use than traditional.  My truck didn't come with the puck system, so I had Chevy install the gooseneck hitch and bought the gooseneck version of the Anderson hitch.  This avoided installing rails in the bed to keep it clean when I have the hitch out.  It also moves the hitch point back just a bit which helps with turning in the standard bed.

 

Here's a link to the curt hitch.  Since it's sold by Chevy accessories they have a standard labor rate of $200 for install.


https://accessories.chevrolet.com/product/trailering/325k-gooseneck-hitch-with-under-bed-brackets-and-hardware-by-curt™-group-associated-accessories-19419344?year=2020&make=Chevrolet&model=Silverado 2500 HD&modelId=494&body=Crew Cab Pickup&bodyId=22&wheel=Standard Box&wheelId=349&trim=Custom&trimId=125&drive=RWD&driveId=7&engine=6.6L V8 GAS&engineId=17733&bodyNumDoors=5&categoryId=12007

Third this^^^^

 

My truck has the OEM pucks. It also came with the Curt hitch package. I just plug the goose ball in the hole in the bed and drop the 40lb hitch over it and cinch it down. Actually, I have a padded mat (made from a Home Depot rubber mat) that I put under the hitch to help protect the bed. It tows beautifully and there's plenty of clearance from the cab on tight turns.,

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Reese Goose Box. Have a full bed when not towing, can remove ball and anchors from bed in less than 30 secs if needed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/16/2021 at 8:59 AM, RugbyRef said:

Andersen Ultimate hitch...Andersen Ultimate

 

I've used for the past 6 years with no issues.

Which do you use, utimate connection or raised ultimate connection? I'm ready to order but want to make sure I get the right one. I will have a 2021 GMC 2500HD with fifthwheel/gooseneck package.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/3/2021 at 3:41 PM, Mardo said:

Which do you use, utimate connection or raised ultimate connection? I'm ready to order but want to make sure I get the right one. I will have a 2021 GMC 2500HD with fifthwheel/gooseneck package.

I use the regular ultimate connection.  It fits my application perfectly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just ordered/received a B&W Companion RVK3710.  It's the puck mount hitch for 20k lb trailers.

 

I was really considering the Andersen as there are many, many positive reviews.  But there are several negative reviews and pictures of failures that could be catastrophic.  Just the reviews on Amazon will show those pictures.  They may be few and far between, but it was enough to make me reconsider.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

B&W on the factory pucks. I used the B&W slider on the 2017 with factory pucks. Anyone interested in the one that fits the factory pucks for the 2016-2019 I can give them a good deal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

B&W Companion 20K as well. No issues with cab at all. I can drop into the pucks in 2 pieces in minutes as well as remove from my bed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.