GM Factory 2” Lift Kit Option

Hello All,

I was looking into the 2” lift kit option that GM is offering. I currently have my trucked leveled with a 2” spacer. Does anyone know if I can keep that spacer up top? I’d hate to lift it and the back is really the only half that gets lifted from its current stance. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

• 2 months later...

You may have figured this out by now but according to everything I have read the gm lift is the trail boss/at4 lift. I would think you should use a spacer that accommodates a truck with that option. 

im actually thinking about one of those kits but leaving the backside alone. It would be a very expensive leveling kit essentially if I do it. 

The factory 2" lift (TB/AT4 lift) is the same as a regular, stock z71 except for a longer shock up front and a block spacer in the rear.  The CV's are slightly longer as well, but not needed and have zero affect on the suspension height or performance. 

If you do the factory 2 inch lift and a 2 inch spacer up front as well, you will have a 4 inch total lift.  Be ready to replace UCA's if you go that route, 1.5 inch spacers on a 2 inch lift seems to be the max for stock UCA's.

Save your money and purchase a Bilstein or Eibach setup instead of the factory lift and be WAY ahead in quality, performance, and durability.