Jump to content
  • Sign up for FREE! Become a GM-Trucks.com Member Today!

    In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

Trying to buy AT4, but dealers won’t sell at GM employee price


Recommended Posts

I’m in the market for a 2021 Sierra 1500 AT4 Duramax with a valid GM employee pin, but all of the dealers I’ve reached out to in California won’t honor the employee pricing. On top of that, some dealers here are adding on $5,000 for market adjustment and $3,000 for paint protection. Because of this, I’ve started to look at other dealers outside of California, but most that I’ve called either say they can’t sell it to someone out of state, or if they do, they can’t honor my valid employee pricing.  I’ve considered seeing if a dealer would honor the price if I order the truck, but who knows what the rebates will be when it’s available, and I’m worried they might say one thing when they take my order, but change the deal when the truck is delivered. I’d like to buy now to take advantage of the current pricing, but I’m not willing to pass up employee pricing, and pay a market adjustment on top of it.

 

Any advice on what you would do would be greatly appreciated. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Dealers are independent and they are not required to honor any discounts such as Employee, Supplier etc.  They don't make as much money on those sales. Trucks are in big demand now and many dealers ar

I know that MYChevrolet in Salinas, CA will do that pricing for you. Also it is quite the way for you, but to save 8k I would make that drive. 

It's not that difficult. And the dealers that do high volumes help you through this process.    But I can see it being a PITA doing such a thing in the People's Republic of California. 🤦🏻‍♂️

I’m in the market for a 2021 Sierra 1500 AT4 Duramax with a valid GM employee pin, but all of the dealers I’ve reached out to in California won’t honor the employee pricing. On top of that, some dealers here are adding on $5,000 for market adjustment and $3,000 for paint protection. Because of this, I’ve started to look at other dealers outside of California, but most that I’ve called either say they can’t sell it to someone out of state, or if they do, they can’t honor my valid employee pricing.  I’ve considered seeing if a dealer would honor the price if I order the truck, but who knows what the rebates will be when it’s available, and I’m worried they might say one thing when they take my order, but change the deal when the truck is delivered. I’d like to buy now to take advantage of the current pricing, but I’m not willing to pass up employee pricing, and pay a market adjustment on top of it.
 
Any advice on what you would do would be greatly appreciated. 

Contact GM Corporate. They have to honor the pricing and they can’t force BS paint protection plans on you. My buddy just used a GM Code at Motor City GMC in Bakersfield. No issue.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Link to post
Share on other sites

I live in CA as well and had similar experience with using the educator discount since my wife is a teacher. I ended up ordering a truck through a dealer 2 hours away who advertised on their website they do offer/honor the educator discount. I don’t know exactly what the program is called, but the dealer sent me a screen shot that caps the rebate for the month of March as the floor for when my truck arrives middle of May. So, right now the rebate on 2021 Silverados is $4250, if the rebate is lower than that come May, GM will cover the difference. I believe the order has to be placed before the 31st of this month. Maybe they’ll continue it in April as well? 

 

Depending on how far you’re willing to drive, I’d me more than happy to share the contact information of the dealership and sales manager I’d dealing with. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm betting there's a dealer in another state that will honor it and deliver the vehicle to you. Mine was delivered from another state from four hours away. Delivered to my door and drove my trade-in back. This dealership delivers all over the country, the delivery driver had just gotten back from Louisiana the earlier in the day.

I get people hate California but denying someone a buying opportunity just because they live there isn't cool. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

https://www.laurabuickgmc.com/

https://www.everettbgmc.com/

https://www.rivardbuickgmc.com/

 

All three a ways from you in CA, but all three will deal on new trucks, that's for sure. Do the math for yourself, and see if it is worth it to fly out and drive it back. 

 

What could beat a long road trip in your new truck, anyway? 🙌🏼 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Dealers are independent and they are not required to honor any discounts such as Employee, Supplier etc.  They don't make as much money on those sales. Trucks are in big demand now and many dealers are greedy and won't deal.  That's free enterprise.

 

Also parts shortages are causing production delays for many vehicles. The Camaro plant (also builds Cadillac's) shut down Monday till the end of month due to part shortages.  The biggest part shortage involves semiconductors and it world-wide..

Edited by elcamino
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Z71RAD88 said:

I live in CA as well and had similar experience with using the educator discount since my wife is a teacher. I ended up ordering a truck through a dealer 2 hours away who advertised on their website they do offer/honor the educator discount. I don’t know exactly what the program is called, but the dealer sent me a screen shot that caps the rebate for the month of March as the floor for when my truck arrives middle of May. So, right now the rebate on 2021 Silverados is $4250, if the rebate is lower than that come May, GM will cover the difference. I believe the order has to be placed before the 31st of this month. Maybe they’ll continue it in April as well? 

 

Depending on how far you’re willing to drive, I’d me more than happy to share the contact information of the dealership and sales manager I’d dealing with. 

I haven't heard of the program that you mention, but that sounds like something that would alleviate some of my fears of ordering.  Can you send me the details on the dealership and sales manager you are working with? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, MalibuLX3 said:

I haven't heard of the program that you mention, but that sounds like something that would alleviate some of my fears of ordering.  Can you send me the details on the dealership and sales manager you are working with? 

 

Sure thing. I’ll shoot you a PM. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

They are going to start cutting corners and eliminating some systems in these trucks that will decrease mpg by 1, that is how bad this chip issue has become.

 

Most dealers i expect are going to value their truck and suv supply much more so than any other year on record imo. Your best bet is a super high volume dealer, the local small ones are not going to give away their stock like normal years.

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, BIGDOGx said:

They are going to start cutting corners and eliminating some systems in these trucks that will decrease mpg by 1, that is how bad this chip issue has become.

 

Most dealers i expect are going to value their truck and suv supply much more so than any other year on record imo. Your best bet is a super high volume dealer, the local small ones are not going to give away their stock like normal years.

Bingo. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, econometrics said:

Bingo. 

Especially the at-4 version, no dealer around me can keep them on the lots! It is by a far far margin Gm's most in demand version of the fullsize line, it's why they really should shelve the denalis and just make at-4's imo.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BIGDOGx said:

Especially the at-4 version, no dealer around me can keep them on the lots! It is by a far far margin Gm's most in demand version of the fullsize line, it's why they really should shelve the denalis and just make at-4's imo.

Dealers have to earn every vehicle they get.   Sell one AT4, earn another and so.  Gone are the days when dealers could order anything they wanted.  AT4's have been on constraint since last fall due to supplier issues.  Local dealer sells every Denali this get within a few weeks.

Link to post
Share on other sites

What a POS dealership, never, NEVER, give them your business, even after things go towards normal, they won't help you, don't help them.

Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, elcamino said:

Dealers have to earn every vehicle they get.   Sell one AT4, earn another and so.  Gone are the days when dealers could order anything they wanted.  AT4's have been on constraint since last fall due to supplier issues.  Local dealer sells every Denali this get within a few weeks.

Yes and they sell every at-4 before it even touches their lots nowadays which is why they don't need denalis imo. That is just part content taking up resources that could go to something that sells like hot cakes. Denalis are not hard to find and locate around me sitting like a statue on dealer lots.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.