Trying to buy AT4, but dealers won’t sell at GM employee price

wow op - if i were you id raise a stink to others about that place. why dealerships do this but love to price gouge and nickel and dime us without issue will always boggle my mind. they would rather lose a customer over 3k than keep a loyal customer and stick to honoring some codes.

22 hours ago, Z71RAD88 said:

I live in CA as well and had similar experience with using the educator discount since my wife is a teacher. I ended up ordering a truck through a dealer 2 hours away who advertised on their website they do offer/honor the educator discount. I don’t know exactly what the program is called, but the dealer sent me a screen shot that caps the rebate for the month of March as the floor for when my truck arrives middle of May. So, right now the rebate on 2021 Silverados is $4250, if the rebate is lower than that come May, GM will cover the difference. I believe the order has to be placed before the 31st of this month. Maybe they’ll continue it in April as well? 

Depending on how far you’re willing to drive, I’d me more than happy to share the contact information of the dealership and sales manager I’d dealing with. 

My brothers wife (UofWis) used to get the same deal but she always referred to it as she gets the supplier discount?

On 3/16/2021 at 8:39 AM, Z71RAD88 said:

Sure thing. I’ll shoot you a PM. 

I haven't seen your PM come through yet.  I'd send you a message myself, but I'm new here and apparently not able to send messages until some amount of time/# of posts passes. Can you resend please?  Thank you!

13 minutes ago, MalibuLX3 said:

I haven't seen your PM come through yet.  I'd send you a message myself, but I'm new here and apparently not able to send messages until some amount of time/# of posts passes. Can you resend please?  Thank you!

Just sent you a PM. Sorry for the delay. 

Those of you advocating buying a vehicle in another state have no idea what would happen when going to register the vehicle in Cali.  Just try and register a brand new vehicle purchased out of state.

Edited by AlaskaErik

10 hours ago, AlaskaErik said:

Those of you advocating buying a vehicle in another state have no idea what would happen when going to register the vehicle in Cali.  Just try and register a brand new vehicle purchased out of state.

It's not that difficult. And the dealers that do high volumes help you through this process. 

But I can see it being a PITA doing such a thing in the People's Republic of California. 🤦🏻‍♂️ 

• Like 1

It's been a few years ago when I lived in Cali, but my last two vehicles were purchased in Oregon & Nevada and it was easy.  Just took some paperwork to my local DMV, paid the tax & license fees and I was done. 👍

I bought a gen2 Chevy Volt out of state and it wasn't bad at all.  Take the paperwork to the tag office/dmv pay tax title tag and your done.  I am in NC and bought the Volt in Ohio.  I test drive one near me and then bought the best deal I could find.  If you can find an AT4 to test drive, drive it and then order anywhere.  I just ordered one with an educational discount and they gave me the lowest price of any I have seen online, and they said I also get whatever incentives GM has when it hits the lot.  The price they gave me can't get worse only better.  I think it is a good deal at least.  I have a Ford dealer friend that sells just as many out of state as he does in state.  If you are interested in contacting the place I got mine from PM me.  I bet they would give you a good deal and ship it too.  It will come from NC, but worth shipping it if you pay thousands less.

I had this same issue with all the dealerships in SC. GM says the dealership can choose whether or not to give the discount. BS, but I understand they'll have some dummy pay MSRP +++ within a week, and business is business.

That being said, I just purchased a new 2021 AT4 Carbonpro with the GM discount from Glynn Smith Chevrolet GMC in Opelika, AL. The salesman was Richard, and was very helpful and easy to work with on my out of state purchase. Any questions, let me know.

I ended up finding a dealer that isn't too far of a drive that agreed to honor employee pricing if I ordered the truck, but not on something that's already on their lot.  So I decided to go that route and placed my order yesterday.  Hopefully the time to delivery goes quickly. 😎

Just now, MalibuLX3 said:

I ended up finding a dealer that isn't too far of a drive that agreed to honor employee pricing if I ordered the truck, but not on something that's already on their lot.  So I decided to go that route and placed my order yesterday.  Hopefully the time to delivery goes quickly. 😎

Nice! Good for you. Glad it all worked out. Honestly, I’ll have no problem continuing to support the dealer that’s ordered my truck for future purchases even though they’re 2 hours away compare to the dealer that’s 10 miles from my house.