Hey everyone! Looking to get some advise on my exhaust. I recently had a Flowmaster Super 44 installed on my 2019 Silverado 5.3L. It's a single in, dual out (dumped). When installed the shop also cut off the flapper that is in line before the factory muffler. While I like the overall sound I'm not a big fan of the popping sound it's making when I let of the gas and start slowing down. Is there a fix for this?

On 3/16/2021 at 5:20 PM, jjones0110 said:

Hey everyone! Looking to get some advise on my exhaust. I recently had a Flowmaster Super 44 installed on my 2019 Silverado 5.3L. It's a single in, dual out (dumped). When installed the shop also cut off the flapper that is in line before the factory muffler. While I like the overall sound I'm not a big fan of the popping sound it's making when I let of the gas and start slowing down. Is there a fix for this?

Just about any aftermarket exhaust is going to pop its part of the sound people normally want. The stock exhaust will quiet that down. I've had Flowmasters in the past and currently have the Borla S type and they all do it. There is no "fix" for it other than stock exhaust. 

A tune can minimize that but are you really going to fork out $1,900 just to do that?

Timing adjustments and turning off de-acceleration fuel cut off would usually stop most of it.

It normally bugs me how many people post up about wanting "burble" tunes on their cars on some of the tuning sites I visits. They want all the pops and bangs and they all think their automatic car can make noises on the shifts like DSG cars from VW/Audi/BMW.